ShayneXCourtney

The squad today was hanging out in the pool. It was a hot day and they had a free slot.
They weren't recording today because they had a few videos ready already, so it was going to be a more peaceful day.
Surely it was peaceful, but Shayne felt a little off today. He felt a little off this week actually. No, he's been off his game this whole month. On camera, he tries to be funny, but if he wasn't making jokes, he was quiet.
Courtney had announced she had a boyfriend earlier this month. So as Courtney was having fun, distracted with her boyfriend, Shayne was ogling at the side, jealous, but he couldn't do a thing about it.
One drunken night, Shayne had confessed to the rest of the squad. That night, Courtney was with her boyfriend, so she never did hear that confession. The squad didn't know what to do.
Courtney came outside giddily in her swimsuit. Shayne had his legs dipped inside the pool and he watched Courtney skip out to the pool. Shayne sighed, and then put on a fake smile.
"Hey Court!" Shayne waved. Courtney beamed and sat next to Shayne.
"Hey Shayne," Courtney smiled.
"How are you?" Shayne smiled at her giving him a side hug.
"I am hot today, I'm happy we're in the pool," Courtney said without a second thought.
That you are, Shayne thought to himself. That thought made Shayne feel sad. Courtney got distracted when Olivia called her. Shayne moved his feet in the water, making small waves. He kicked his foot up a little too hard, and droplets hit both he and Courtney. Courtney disregarded the conversation and looked to Shayne, with a growing grin.
"Courtney I-I-"
Courtney cupped her hand in the water and splashed Shayne back. Shayne started chuckling, and they went back and forth splashing water at each other. Each splash of water kept getting bigger, until Courtney shoved Shayne's shoulder, pushing him into the water, but Shayne was quick and grabbed Courtney's hand and pulled her in as he made contact with the pool.
Courtney screamed, but was trying not to laugh when she got her head above water. Shayne was laughing at her and flipped his hair back.
They kept splashing water at each other.
"Well, now I'm cold," Courtney chuckled, calming down on the water.
"Don't worry though, you're still hot," Shayne laughed also, not realizing what he said. Courtney took it as a joke and just kept laughing. When Shayne processed it, he felt a little scared, he stopped laughing, and it then it got quiet.
Noah jumped in around then, which took Courtney's attention. Those two started a conversation. Shayne slowly swam away from Courtney, and got out of the pool. He sat on a chair, and watched the rest of the squad play in the pool. He pretended like he was just sitting in the sun, so they left him alone. His thoughts kept eating away at him.
Is Courtney just going to drop what he said?
I hope so.
Soon, the squad called Shayne into the pool, which he couldn't ignore, so he got in.
When he stood in the more shallow side, they accepted it, and went back to their games. Courtney stood by Shayne and smiled at him. Shayne just watched her, so Courtney splashed some water onto him like before.
"Your hair's starting to look dry...I'm gonna have to fix that," Shayne remarked, then he went into the water, swam towards her and tackled her. Courtney sort of screamed, and let him pull her in. Shayne let go of her and swam up after a quick second. Courtney couldn't stop laughing. Shayne joined her.

When they left the pool afterwards, they left back to the office. They had some filming to do.
Joe came to their office, and announced that they only needed Keith, Noah and Olivia for the next few hours.
What the fuck fate?
Shayne questioned when the three left the room.
Shayne sat slumped in his chair as he worked on the computer. He felt a little sad despite just him and Courtney being there. She was texting away and smiling, so he had reason to believe it was her boyfriend.
Soon enough, it got quiet and Courtney was sitting on the couch typing on her laptop. Shayne couldn't stop staring at her. She looked so beautiful, and interested in her work.  She moved a few strand of hair behind her ear and got back to work.
Suddenly Courtney's phone beeped, to which Shayne snapped his head back to his computer.
Courtney sighed, and moved her laptop off of her lap to the coffee table. Shayne sighed just like she did, which made Courtney chuckle. He turned in his seat to face her, and she was rubbing her temple.
"Everything alright Court?" Shayne asked. She struggled to smile at him.
"Yeah, just...my boyfriend is being complicated," Courtney sighed again.
"Oh, you're okay though?"
"I'm fine," Courtney texted on her phone. Shayne slowly turned back to his work.
"Are you okay though?" Courtney asked Shayne, which surprised him.
"Umm, yeah, I am,"
"What's wrong then?" Courtney asked innocently. Shayne turned his chair back to face her.
"I just said I'm fine,"
"Something can still be going on, even if you're fine," Courtney told.
"I don't understand," Shayne shrugged.
"Something's wrong Shayne, you're not you, I can see it," Courtney claimed. She tilted her head a little bit at Shayne. He shrugged again.
"Shayne?" Courtney asked again. These questions pained Shayne.
"I-I don't know Courtney, I can't answer that, I don't," Shayne sighed. "I don't feel like myself," Shayne lied. Courtney blinked at him. She didn't know what to do or say.
"Are you lying?" Courtney asked, very unsure. Shayne paused. He didn't want to say the truth, because she's happy with her boyfriend.
"No,"
"Yeah you are," Courtney concluded. Shayne didn't do anything. "What's wrong?" Courtney asked again, softer. She stood up and took a few steps toward Shayne.
"I can't...tell you," Shayne said lowly. "It's gonna ruin everything,"
"But you're unhappy Shayne," Courtney whispered worriedly.
"But you are," Shayne replied blankly.
"So you're not going to tell me?" Courtney asked for clarification. Shayne didn't move.
"It's bullshit though Shayne, you want me happy, but I also want you happy,"
"I don't know what to say," Shayne replied after a minute of silence.
"Tell me what's going on," Courtney urged, annoyed.
"It's going to ruin everything Court, I can't tell you," Shayne said, getting agitated.
"Well Shayne, I want to help, if I can't help you then figure everything out!" Courtney's voiced raised, and ran her hand through hair and plopped back onto the couch. She grabbed her laptop and started going through stuff angrily.
Shayne sighed.
"How do you get rid of feelings then Court?" Shayne asked brokenly. He turned to her, as she looked up from her laptop. "How do you stop liking someone so much?"
Courtney watched Shayne. Soon understanding what he meant.
"So before, you meant, ruin everything between us?" Courtney asked quietly. Shayne looked into her pained eyes. He slightly nodded.
"I can't help you then, but I'm glad you told me," Courtney mumbled, looking at her lap.
"You drove it out of me," Shayne asserted, he turned back to his computer. Courtney looked up. "Now everything's ruined," Shayne sighed.
"Nothing is ruined Shayne," Courtney raised her voice, wanting him to hear her.
"Yes it is," he disagreed, he stared into her eyes.
"No it isn't-"
"Just this morning, we were hanging out having a lot of fun, after today, we're going to drift apart because now you know I have feelings for you,"
"No I won't Shayne," Courtney declared. The two kept shouting at each other, they were angry.
"Things will be different between us!"
"They don't have to be!"
"So you'd rather me to just accept us being friends and no more?!"
"I didn't say that Shayne!"
"Do you want to go out with me? Or do you just don't want to come off as rude? You want to seem like everything's perfect!"
"Shayne! I didn't say that! I'm sorry, but I'm dating someone else!"
"That guy is a fucking idiot, I'm-"
"You don't know him Shayne! You've never met him, you can't just judge people like that because they're dating someone you like!" Courtney yelled to Shayne. They both had stood up. After Courtney said that, she slammed the laptop closed and picked it up, and stomped to the door. She grabbed the knob, and quickly turned to Shayne. Shayne shook his head and sat on his chair. He rested his head on his arms.
Courtney walked out of the office and slammed the door.