ShayneXCourtney New Part

This is a short, simple chapter that I finished a while ago. I'm posting it now instead of the JovenXWes one because it's taking too long and I need something to post. It'll be up soon though. Thanks for understanding.

"I want to be able to kiss you," Shayne texted. He rested in his own small tent, laying on his stomach inside the warmth of his sleeping bag.

Courtney sighed from the other end. She was staying in a slightly larger tent, sharing with Olivia. However, she was dozed off.

The squad was currently making a camping vlog. They had a race on who can set up their tent the fastest, only Courtney and Olivia got some help from Sunny.
The two girls spoke to the camera about a half an hour ago, and then everyone seemed to just fall asleep.

"Well you can," Courtney texted back. She tried not to move much because Olivia's sleeping bag flap was open, against Courtney's own sleeping bag. Her hand was sticking out a bit, gently rubbing against Courtney's elbow. Something along the lines of in case there is a bear outside, so she doesn't want to be alone.
"Well, more privately then," Shayne replied. Shayne's sudden and audible sigh from his own tent made Courtney smile.
"Do you want to go to the pond that Keith and Noah were playing at before?" Courtney asked. She figured that if there's a bear, Olivia will be fine.

Courtney quietly unzipped the tent, and listened for everyone else. All she heard was Shayne open his own tent.
Sunny and Sarah had their own tents and stayed farther from the squad. While they were right against each other.

The two grinned at each other, as if their actions were sly and clever. It wasn't necessarily, just secretive.
"Is it over here?" Shayne whispered, as he held Courtney's hand tightly. They escaped into the wall of trees. She nodded.
The night sky looked scratched from the clouds unusual pattern. The moon shined perfectly through, making a silhouette of the tree branches whenever they looked up.
The moon's light shines bright enough that they can see their path without the need of a flashlight.

The pond wasn't as they imagined. It seemed to look murky and muddy. Tree roots digger into the water's edges and vines looked like they drank from this dirty water. What had Keith and Noah played in before?
Not even the moon's light could fix the image of this pond. It seemed to just highlight the flaws. Nonetheless, the couple made a seat out of large, flat rocks near the water.
"I dreamed of his once," Shayne spoke, staring at the ripples he made in the pond from his shoes.
"Hmm?" Courtney asked, not really understanding.
"I dreamt of this."
"Of a dirty puddle?"
"No," Shayne chuckled. "Of sitting with you, in the forest, kissing you under the night sky," he explained, catching small glimpses of the bare night sky and the light grey clouds.
Courtney smiled shortly, before leaning in to him.

The brisk air was warm enough not to bother them. Though it did make them want to get comfy back in their sleeping bags. It was like this mud pond made them sleepy. The moon seemed to disappear later. The clouds decided cover the sky and took any light with it. It was becoming harder to see.
Shayne was gently kicking pebbles into the pond, playing with the vines. Swaying them back and forth if he aimed the rocks correctly.
Wind started to pick up the pace, making it a little bit colder. Shayne and Courtney wanted to prolong their time together, but they were getting tired and the weather would get unbearable soon.
Courtney had her eyes closed as she laid her head on Shayne's shoulder. He had a small jacket that he decided to wrap around Courtney instead. The idea of it was cute but now he was chilly. At least she wasn't though.

"Come on Court, let's go back now. I don't want you to get sick," Shayne said lightly. He wrapped his arm around her, to help her stand up. She stretched for a moment then yawned. Watching her do so, made Shayne's heart beat faster. He really did like her.
"Tomorrow, let's go out and get something to eat," Courtney suggested. She felt like she was half asleep as she walked. Without Shayne's arm around her waist, she'd be swaying left and right.
"Okay, I'd love to," Shayne replied. With his free hand, he played with a daisy that he picked before.
When they were in view of their tents, Courtney had managed to be able to walk without Shayne's support. He held her hand though, like he never wanted to let go. Maybe that was true.
"Goodnight Courtney," Shayne whispered as Courtney took a step to her own tent. He handed her the small daisy and stepped towards his tent.

Courtney quietly open the tent flap, and got inside. She felt the soft petals of the daisy in her hand as she closed the tent off.
"Do you really like him?" Olivia whispered loud enough for Courtney to hear. It made her jump, almost crumpling the flower in her hand.
"What?" She asked, taken off guard.
"Shayne. You really like him?" Olivia asked. She was still laid down in her sleeping bag, but she looked wide eyed up to Courtney.
"How do you know?"
"It's getting kind of obvious at this point. Maybe not to Keith and Noah because they're far to interested in each other to notice, but I see the way you act with each other," Olivia beamed up at Courtney.
"Yeah, I really like him," Courtney answered her question.
"You're cute together. Come, I thought I heard an animal before. Give me the cuddles," Olivia reached her hand up lazily, inviting Courtney into her arms like Shayne was before. It made Courtney smile at how Olivia treated their relationship news. Like it didn't really matter.

So I love this chapter because I wanted it to be simple and I think it is. I didn't want to make it so overdramatic like some of the other chapters, but I hope it wasn't boring. I'm just happy that I was able to write it in one sitting. I personally feel like there could be a chapter two I so I think I'll work on that soon.
Thanks for reading!