IanXCourtney

This chapter would be called "Broken mirror shards."

Ian sat at the table in the dimly lit restaurant. He stared at the candle in the middle of the small table. The single rose he had chose to grab at the last minute, laid on the other side of the table where it waited to be acknowledged. Ian kept thinking that maybe she had decided to skip. He thought that same thing in the last few dates but she always showed up.
Ian looked up and saw the waiter and Courtney by his side, he escorted her to the table where Ian greeted with a with a warm smile.
"Hi, have you been waiting long? You said 8 and it just hit 8 o'clock now," Courtney said as she sat down. She placed her phone on the table beside the vibrant red rose. Her expression changed to a bigger smile when her hand lightly touched the rose and she noticed it. Ian loved her expression when she grabbed it. It was a great last minute choice.

"No, no. I'm just...not...why do you keep wanting to come back? Like...on a date with such a..." Ian couldn't hold back. "Fucking loser," Ian mumbled. He rubbed his temples sorely.
Courtney chuckled sadly at Ian's words. She swirled the small amount of wine in her glass. It was this part of the date that made her wonder why she chose to come back for a sixth. When she and Ian got a little deep with each other.
When Ian got a little self conscious and asked why she wanted to keep going on with him. When Courtney fought fire with fire and asked why Ian chose to come back for her.
Ian stared into her eyes as the faint music played behind him. As others in separate tables had conversations that provided background noise when the two were having a stare-down.
Ian sipped his own wine and kept looking at Courtney. Hoping to see a flaw but refusing to believe that there is one. He wanted to see a flaw because that would show she's capable of having one, let alone dealing with such a imperfect man. Ian, who believed she had nothing wrong with her. Believed she owns every 'right' that could've been with Ian. Believed that instead of equally dividing among the two, Ian took every wrong, while Courtney took every right. It was that logic that made Ian want to keep seeing her.
Courtney, however, knew how Ian felt, but she also knew Ian was over his head if he thought she was flawless, and he was incapable of having something right in his life. And having someone right in his life, because if he kept up with way, he'd end up pushing everyone away. Courtney didn't want that. Ian didn't deserve that.
Maybe that was why Courtney stayed. Do a good deed. Stay at Ian's bay so that he allows others as well go join in at his bay.
It gave Courtney a sour taste in her mouth. Does she just want to help Ian? Or does she actually feel for him?
Ian, felt horrid at himself for choosing to come back. He too wasn't sure how Courtney felt about him. He figured however, that she's too good for Ian, and he didn't deserve her.
This scale had two broken ends.
Courtney also thought low of herself as Ian did himself.
It wasn't fire with fire so much as firestorm and firestorm. Hurricane and hurricane. But it was also the two looking at a candle and only accepting that it isn't a candle, instead, a stick of dynamite. It was exaggeration.
As if the two have both only been looking at broken mirrors all their lives.
"You're just...so much better than I am-"
"No, I'm not, Ian," Courtney placed the cup down. She didn't look at Ian's eyes like he was to her. She was staring at the liquid. It pained Ian because it made him even more angry at himself. Was she avoiding his gaze because she doesn't want to see him? Was he being too overbearing?
Ian figured maybe they'd never make it as a couple. He was about to back away.

At this point Courtney had to think extra hard. Was she just here to make him feel better? Or does she have feelings for him?
Courtney dug deep.

"Hi Ian, how are you?" Courtney asked in a cheerful voice. Ian's heart pounded as his best friend's girlfriend's best friend came inside the apartment that he and his best friend share.
Courtney joined Ian on the pale blue couch.
"I am having a wonderful day Court, how are you?" Ian replied happily as the twinkle in his eyes bloomed. Courtney loved his blue eyes. She loved how the window beside the couch brought in sunlight that entered the apartment and always found its way into Ian's eyes.
Courtney laughed and pointed to Ian's over shirt that coincidentally matched the couch and seemed to make Ian blend in well with it. Ian looked down, uncrossed his leg and started laughing along.
"You just seem to make my days better," Courtney answered his previous question as she breathed away the laughter. It made Ian bashful a little, and made him feel better. She always made him feel better.
"What's so funny?" Olivia asked as she came inside the common space. She was waiting for Anthony, so that they could leave.
Courtney sparked a grin and explained Ian's shirt situation. It brought more light laughter.
Anthony came in, with a charming look and outfit. He fixed his blazer that was a risk, but worked very well. His new shoes clicked against the hardwood as he walked down the hallway. His smile that secured that his overall personality wasn't cocky completed his look.
"Are you ladies ready to go?" Anthony asked as he linked his arm with Olivia's. Courtney sat straighter, which brought her a little farther from Ian.
"You guys goin' out?" Ian asked, a flash of sadness from the fact that Courtney might be leaving and he'd be alone tonight.
Courtney looked at Anthony but turned back to Ian. A small look of distress played out.
"You should come with us, I don't want to be a third wheel with Romeo and Juliet," Courtney jokingly fussed. It made Ian internally excited that she wanted him to at least tag along.
"Yeah dude, you look good. We're going to the plaza if you want to," Anthony shrugged. Ian sat up and side glanced to Courtney, before taking a moment to think.
"Sure...actually, why don't you two go out and maybe Courtney and I can stay here?" Ian asked. The way his heart pounded proved this to be new to Ian.
Courtney's sly grin as she watched Ian's internal frantic worry play out in his eyes, disguised with 'playing it off cool'. Olivia and Anthony couldn't hide their own grins as they watched the two impending couple begin their long awaiting relationship.
Courtney didn't have to hesitate on her answer.

Courtney knew that she did have feelings at some point in their relationship. It's just a matter of is it still there.
She didn't always know that Ian was always so self conscious about himself. It was when they began their 'oh, we're dating' phase. So it was never 'I feel bad for him' in their relationship. It's just, Ian's constant unsure is just worrying and maybe stressing Courtney out. So maybe they aren't cut out for each other.

After their first date, the two were having a really nice time. Ian had stopped by Courtney and Olivia's place when Olivia was at Ian's, so that they can watch a movie. They had finished a nice outing, just the two, not including Anthony and Olivia.
The first date, when Ian and mostly kept his worry and anxiety on the inside, rather than openly expressing.
The second date, when Courtney thought his self-deprecation was for humour and to be dramatic.
The third date, when Courtney was generally unsure of how to respond to Ian, when he once again brought up how maybe he isn't the most perfect guy.
The fourth date, when Courtney grew a little annoyed when Ian started downing himself, and when she also said how she too, isn't the most perfect girl. Ian had kept his counter-argument to himself.
The fifth date when this part was just apart of the date. When Ian was just ready to tell her how he thinks she is just better.
The sixth date when the relationship is on the line.

Ian looked at his hands, that were gripping the clothed table's edge. Ready to push away from it to make an exit. Only, not pushing away because he still likes Courtney enough to stay. Ian let go of the edge and ran his right hand through his hair.
Courtney was now looking at his eyes. He didn't know that. Courtney admired how his blue eyes sort of dimmed at the artificial light, yet exploded at the perfect angle of candle light. How they looked to be so pure, yet when he's talking about himself, they sort of shield. How easily they slip out of mind during a harsh conversation, but during a meaningful one, they're all she every sees.
"Courtney...I think I'm just going to go-"
"Ian," Courtney started.

Courtney thought about how easily she could slip into a conversation with him, and get so engrossed, it's like time ceases. How easily a conversation can carry through a million topics and never fall below brilliant.
How easy it is to break into a smile, and how hard it is to give a fake one, because the two were familiar with each other's happy, and their sad.
How easy it was to always accept invitations to Ian and Anthony's place with Olivia because how much she enjoyed Ian's company and friendship.
How easy it was to keep coming back to their apartment after their first meeting.
How hard it was to have to say bye to a beautiful conversation with him because of basic human needs.
How flustered she got when Olivia would tease her about Ian.

"Don't leave."

So I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm proud of myself for editing this because at first, this chapter was raw and broken, and only at 900 words. Right now I am at 1700 words and I personally love this chapter.
I hope you liked it as well!
Also, should I continue to name chapters?
The next chapter will be OliviaXAnthony New Part.