CourtneyXWes

Wes held Courtney's hand as the two walked back to their apartment. Courtney was having a lousy day, because she felt like crumbling. Wes got off of work early and the two were taking a walk outside. He felt that they needed it, because they haven't gone on much walks lately.
When they got back to their apartment, Wes gave Courtney a small kiss, he wanted to comfort her.
"Do you want to try cooking tonight?" Wes asked gently. He knew that she felt useless because a friend from her support group was supposed to come over but then they had something come up last minute. Courtney was sort of disappointed. So Wes wanted her to try to do something so she feels like she has done something today.
When Courtney didn't say anything, he kissed her knuckles.
"Come on, I'll help you out."

The two were making spaghetti, and Wes already saw a slight change in her mood. Courtney was busy adding noddles to the boiling water when Wes got a call.
"I'll be right back," Wes assured as he stepped out of the room. "Hello," he greeted when his caller I.D read his mother.
"Wes? I'm not too sure if your dad and I can make it tomorrow-"
"What? Why not?"
"Well your brother-"
"Mom we're really excited to have you, don't let him hold you back. She's really warmed up to you guys," Wes pleaded to his mother.

Soon, Wes had changed her mind. He was extremely glad because Courtney could have someone that she likes, back at home when Wes was working.
He walked back into the kitchen and congratulated Courtney. She was feeling better.

"Are they coming?" Courtney whispered to Wes as they laid in bed. Wes smiled at her.
"Yes, they are. They should be here by the time your support group is finished." Wes smiled. Courtney exhaled and closed her eyes. Wes huddled closer to her and cuddled as he slowly fell asleep. Things were okay. And okay was perfect.

Wes had the day off. He stayed at the apartment, cleaning and preparing for his parents' visit. He had gone grocery shopping as well.
Courtney's support group should be done in about an hour, and his parents are supposed to be here very shortly. It would be great because if his parents are here, Courtney could spend tie, with them and Wes could take a few more shifts at work, because Wes is currently trying to save for a small vacation for the two.
Wes' phone started to ring as he was pulling out food for some tacos. The fact that it was an unknown number sort of confused him.
"Hello?"
"Hello? Is this Wesley Johnson?"
"Yes, this is he."
"I am sorry to inform you-"

Courtney got a text from Wes saying he couldn't pick her up. It also said that he really wanted Courtney home soon.
"Can you give me a ride home?" Courtney asked sheepishly to one of her friends from the group.

"Are you going to come again tomorrow?" Her friend, Noah asked as he drove. Courtney shrugged.
"Maybe," she shrugged. Wes' text made her curious, and sort of worried.

Courtney walked up to her apartment after thanking Noah. The sound of the apartment was generally quiet at first glance. At second glance, there was silent whimpering from the kitchen area.
"Wes?" She called as she shut the door. When she looked behind the island, Wes was sitting against the cabinets, crying. Wes looked up at her and opened his arms, gesturing for a hug. Courtney was quick to comply.

"What's wrong?" Courtney asked after a while of sitting in Wes' arms as he cried. Wes usually was never like this. It scared Courtney greatly, she couldn't help but let a few tears out as well.
Wes wiped his cheek, and cleared his throat.
"There was a car crash...and they said that my parents didn't...they-both of them didn't make it," Wes breathed out.
Courtney's heart broke just as Wes' heart did after saying it aloud himself.

They sat silently again for a while. Until the sun from behind the open blinds was letting out the last tuff of light.
Wes looked tired but made no effort to move. His head was leaned against the cabinet door, as he stared at the window. His tears were dried up. His left arm was around Courtney's shoulders as she was leaned into his side, trying to comfort him as best as she could. He was extremely glad she was there, it made him feel at least a little bit better.
Courtney sighed, and wiped her eyes. Wes stayed motionless, except to pull his arm back as Courtney stood.
"What were you making for supper?" She asked as she looked at the counters.
"I don't know," Wes replied idly. Courtney rubbed his shoulder. Wes breathed in and grabbed her arm as he felt sick.
"It looks like tacos. I'll cook, okay?" Courtney kneeled back down to give him a kiss.