CourtneyXOlivia Part 2

Getting this girl's make from a name generator. Her name will be Melody, but this OC will purely be for character development. Thanks Internet!
Also, as I wrote, I had Courtney's spotify playing on shuffle. Paper Planes by M.I.A was playing...so mood?
Also the CourtneyXAnthony one shot is taking longer than expected but I wanted to update for Halloween. Hopefully it'll be up soon, I'll even take time off my other fics to finish it.
Courtney held tightly Melody's hand. As innocent as it was, it felt so intimate between the two teenagers.
They sat in Courtney's bedroom, watching a movie.
"Say cheese," Courtney said, holding her phone up for a selfie. She took a few pictures, hoping to use one as a new background for her phone. Satisfied with most of the results, she used the picture where Melody kissed her cheek as her background.
It was a weak attempt to block out the outside light by closing the curtain. It was a bright winter day today. It was why Courtney and Melody stayed in her room, together under a small blanket.
Sometime during the movie, Melody started to get a few text messages.
"Umm, I'm gonna' go now, I'll see you later C," Melody said, getting up. Courtney waved her off and stayed in bed.

For the rest of the weekend, Courtney didn't hear from Melody. She shot a few texts to her, but didn't get anything back. It confused her heavily because it just wasn't how she was.
It was always Melody to text first usually. First to say good morning, first to text in class. First to call on the weekends. First to text as soon as they left each other's side.
When Courtney made it to school on Monday, her first instinct was to look for Mel.
She kept an eye out as she went to her locker.
Courtney grew a bit worried. She wasn't too sure if something happened to Melody. She hoped it was just something minor like, her phone broke or something like that.
She continued to navigate through the school.
It was a moment of bliss when she finally saw Melody walking down the hall, surrounded by a few of her friends.
"Mel," Courtney called, lifting her hand trying to get her attention.
She caught everyone's gaze from their little group. Melody didn't look as happy to see Courtney.
"Oh look, it's the queer," one of the girls said as they looked at Courtney. Melody didn't say anything, but gaze apologetically.
Courtney felt small. She'd never been bullied or teased or called anything pertaining to her sexuality because as far as the school was concerned, she was straight.
"Here to try to convert us too?" One of the girls said.
"Gonna' try to make out with us and then get us on your bed?" A different girl spat. Courtney looked at all of their faces. They looked mean and angry. Melody had turned away. As if she couldn't bare to even look at Courtney.
What happened? Courtney thought.
"Well? Are you going to try to make us gay too?" The first girl asked, stepping closer to Courtney.
At this point, she wanted to run away. But she also wanted to talk to Melody.
The girl kept coming closer, every other kid that was around was now watching this play out. Courtney looked over her shoulder to Mel. She was watching this girl, worried.
Courtney stepped back as well, when someone behind her hollered "Gross!" Then pushed her forward. Courtney fell forward into the first girl. There was a gasp among the crowd, as the two girls were on the ground. Some girls from Melody's group came forward to help her up.
"Get off of her, she likes that," one of them whispered. A few people laughed as Courtney picked herself up.
As the bell rang, Courtney rushed to a nearby bathroom. She was embarrassed and hurt.

It was unofficial, but Courtney and Melody had broken up. Melody never spoke to Courtney again, but she and her friends continued to torment her throughout the year.

Courtney laid in her room. She had completely turned it around. She just never wanted to remember something that she and Melody did. Like cuddling under her blankets, or watched movies or spoke to each other on the floor. Or when they sat outside in the warm weather right until stars came out.
Courtney completely rearranged her room in hopes to just forget it all.
It's been monthes since her public outing and now, she only dates guys outside her school. Away from everyone there.
At school, her only friends were guys, and sometimes they'd ask about her experience with girls.
Everytime Courtney seen Melody, she'd try to keep her distance.
Once, Courtney went up to her privately and apologized for everything that she ever done to her. Melody turned her away.
Courtney laid in her bed. She stared at her ceiling, hugging a blanket tightly.
The blanket that she and Melody used the last night she was here. She was crying. Courtney pulled out her phone, and looked through her pictures. There was a lot of selfies with Melody. She deleted them.
In her heart she vowed to never, ever feel romantically for a girl again.

Eventually, she went over to one of her guy friend's house with a small group. His twin sister was there.
Courtney thought she was cute.
"Hi," Courtney greeted as she left the guy's room to get something to drink.
"Hey, Courtney right?" The girl asked.
She nodded. The girl smiled, and swished her cup of water around. Courtney got her drink but hesitated to leave her right then.
"You're really pretty," the girl said. Courtney was caught off guard. A smile and a blush crept up on Courtney.
"You are too," Courtney croaked back. The girl smiled at her, before walking away to probably her room.
Courtney took took a sip of the water before turning around. Then realizing what she had done.
Courtney didn't go back to the guy's house after that.
As Courtney went through high school, Melody and her group kept going after Courtney. As for graduation, Courtney was glad to leave.

Courtney walked happily through to the Smoffice. She had her hands shoved into the pockets of her jacket. She walked with a bounce her step.
In the office, she greeted everyone and sat in her chair.
Courtney moved forward as her chair had wheels and got closer to Olivia.
"Good morning, " Courtney smiled. She gave Olivia a peck as she replied a good morning back.
Courtney was happy. She felt free. She felt energized. She had a weight lifted from her chest and now Courtney felt as though she can float. 
Last night, Courtney confided in Olivia and told her all about high school and this girl that ruined half of her life. Olivia made her feel better. She always made her feel better. She made her happy.

The day was full of filming a multitude of videos for their various shows. It didn't drag on Courtney's day however. She knew it was only going to get better and better.

Later, after work, Courtney and Olivia went outside for a picnic. The sun was getting ready to set and the couple just watched. There was a light conversation going on. It was light-hearted. Courtney and Olivia were having fun, laughing and enjoying each other's company.
The two loved this. They loved each other.
It was like the whole blowout with Melody and everyone else was so that Courtney can enjoy these moments with Olivia a million times more.

Courtney adjusted her jacket. She was laying on her side, getting a little uncomfortable with her position a little. She sat up and looked to the grass.
Olivia sighed at the sunset, before Courtney turned back over and surprised her with a few small daisies.
It made her smile. She always made her smile.
Last night, hearing Courtney's story sort of broke her heart and she knew she wanted to do everything she can to make and keep Courtney happy. Olivia was going to stop at nothing.

Courtney stretched, then struggled to stand up. Olivia sat up as she watched Courtney stand.
The sun was finally setting. Their picnic was slowly ending as the night was approaching.
Courtney quickly glanced at the sunset before turning to Olivia.
"Come, I wanna' tell you something, stand," Courtney said. Olivia grabbed her hand and listened to Courtney.
The moment she got to Courtney's level, she quickly leaned in and rested her forehead on her own.
"I love you," Courtney uttered. Her eyes were closed as she held onto Olivia's hands.
Olivia couldn't help but smile.
"I love you too," she replied. Olivia was so happy that Courtney was over everything that had happened back at that high school.

It's because Olivia reminded Courtney that high school was just a distant memory and that's all it had to be. It was an obstacle that Olivia helped Courtney get over. Finally.
Courtney opened her eyes. Without pulling away, she reached into her pocket and pulled something out.
"Olivia..." Courtney started. "Will you marry me?"
The sun slowly went down as Olivia said yes.

Umm, I've struggled with trying to figure out which is my favourite chapter in this book. I'm not gonna lie, this challenged the IanXCourtney chapter but I loooove this.
Also, I know I've whined about Original Characters before but I needed someone to play the antagonist and this is set in the real life universe so I hope it was okay.
Thanks for reading!