CourtneyXMari Part 2

Courtney and Mari sat at a coffee shop. The same one where the two had almost had their first kiss, and it came out as more of an inconvenience. They were having fun however. Sharing light, whole-hearted jokes and enjoying the lovely company together.
Since the car ride, they haven't even tried to share a peck. The two had just been bashful. Like they were treading on thin ice which totally was not the case at all.

The two had never really found it convenient to come out to the rest of the cast. It wasn't like there was a relationship ban, it was just never up in the air for the couple. Usually, they'd hang out at like shops like this or invite Olivia to hang at one of their apartments. The rest of the cast weren't really notified of their hangouts because it wasn't like it was a big event.
In actuality, Courtney and Mari have never really tried to hide anything about their relationship. It's just that they don't work in such a close proximity of each other that anyone else would notice. The rest of the squad or the rest of Smosh Games don't really ask about relationship status' anyways. But if they do, it's not like either of the girls are going to deny anything. If anyone comes up with such a thought and asks Courtney coincidentally if she's dating Mari or vice versa, sure it'd be an odd way to come out, but they would. The two hadn't decided a time to tell anyone else and they didn't think much of it anyways. It just didn't really affect them right now.
"Can we watch a movie tonight?" Mari asked in a sing-song voice. The light background music from the shop and her company made Mari feel relaxed and at home. Courtney couldn't stop a big goofy grin from appearing.
"Again?" Courtney gently giggled as she admired Mari's smile that she wore proudly.
"I like watching movies with you," Mari replied as she picked at some crumbs on a plate. Courtney blinked as she couldn't lose her grin.
"Is that why you've watched a move with me every night?"
"I like watching movies with you," Mari reiterated. She exhaled as slowly grabbed for Courtney's hand.

Courtney had accidentally stayed the night at Mari's a few days before. It was pleasant for the two to wake up on the couch, draped together as morning programs played quietly. It was then when they had almost shared another kiss. Courtney had to leave that morning and as Mari was saying goodbye, there was a pause between the two. They both surely thought something was going to happen, but nobody stepped up to the plate. She almost ran late to work that day.

Mari held Courtney's hand tightly as she paid for the two and left the shop. She still didn't let go as they walked slowly through the near-empty sidewalk. Their pace was slow as they dragged their feet in sync. Courtney couldn't help but look at Mari's hair. Mesmerized. She glorified Mari's steel-purple hair in her mind. She kept the memory of the day she had gotten it done, close to her heart. It was a fuzzy feeling that she couldn't get over.
Mari turned back to face her for a quick second and beamed when Courtney was already looking at her. Courtney's heart skipped a beat and her stomach ticked with a butterfly feeling. She was amazed at how fast she was quick to fall for Mari.

Mari had her hair pulled into a loose braid. She had put on a black hoodie when she and Courtney got back into the privacy of her apartment. The apartment felt cold so they were excited to get into a blanket on the couch and to get comfy for a film.

Courtney later yawned at the credits of the movie. Mari was dozed off right beside her and it made Courtney smile. Mari was lightly snoring, so she draped the whole blanket onto her and gathered her things.
She left a note saying that she'll see Mari tomorrow on her coffee table beside her. A thought struck her and she stopped to look at Mari for a moment. A simple goodnight kiss wouldn't hurt anyone right? She slowly crept back to Mari, and placed a small, gentle kiss on her forehead.
Mari opened her eyes and gazed up at Courtney. The heat of the kiss etched into her mind.
"Goodnight," Courtney whispered. And with that, she had left.

Courtney woke up lazily on that Sunday morning, from her couch. The curtains seeped bits of light into her apartment. Her ceiling fan swayed slowly, providing the only sound, other than her clock ticking.
She had woken up to her phone's vibration on her table.
Olivia: wanna get breakfast?
Courtney smiled lazily. As much as Courtney liked Mari, Olivia loved their relationship.