Encounters

15 months.

It had been 15 months since you last saw her. Well, at least face to face since it was impossible to ignore her face on the numberless magazines or on the the TV, when gossip shows would babble about her latest fling.

456 days.

It had been 456 days since you last heard her voice. She was crying when you two broke up and so were you. It wasn't working because of busy schedules and blaming each other unfairly for it wasn't helping either.

You hadn't moved on. It wasn't easy. In just 213 days you had completely and wholeheartedly fallen in love with Kendall. And now you were expected to move on effortlessly. You had accepted the fact that Kendall was not coming back and that she was indeed moving on. Or at least that was what it looked like.

"I can't believe I managed to get you to go to this party," Madison clapped excitedly. You shrugged in response and the singer raised an eyebrow. "Maybe I shouldn't get credit for that since certain model is the actual reason why you are going."

"That's not it," you shook your head as the lie slipped from your mouth. "I don't even know if she's going."

"Yeah, sure. Whatever makes you sleep at night," the hazel-eyed girl chuckled.

When you spotted Kendall with one of her 'flings', you realized it was a bad idea to show up to this party on the first place. You recognized him for being her New Year's kiss and her rumored boyfriend. What were you thinking when you thought seeing her would solve anything? The best option now was to try to go unnoticed and appear unfazed by what you just witnessed. However, luck was not on your side that night and when the giant, a.k.a Kendall's boyfriend, unintentionally and drunkly shoved you while walking through the crowded place. And that's when the model noticed you.

"I'm sorry," he shouted over the music and you glared at him. You ignored Kendall's eyes on you, like you hadn't even noticed her presence there. You turned around to keep dancing with your friend when a tight hold on your arm stopped you.

"Y/N?" Kendall asked skeptically as if her senses were tricking her. You turned around again and faked a smile when you posed your eyes on hers. It was the kind of fake smile that you had practiced all over these last few months every time someone asked you if you were okay or every time someone mentioned the model's name.

"Hey, Kendall," you feigned surprise as you attempted to hide your faltering voice. "It's nice to see you."

"Yeah," she breathed. The model appeared to be in some kind of daze that you would like to think it was because of you and not thanks to some substance she may have consumed earlier. "What, uhm, what are you doing here?"

"Partying?" you flashed a hesitant smile. "Madison invited me." Kendall nodded at the girl who just gave her a friendly smile.

"Uh, yeah, that was dumb to ask. I'm just surprised to see you," she scratched the back of her neck. "It's been so long." 15 months to be precise. You knew she wasn't counting but you were, since day one. The tall boy beside her seemed unconcerned about your conversation; he was either very sure of himself or he didn't know who you were.

"That's right. How's Kris?" you sincerely asked for her mother. You two used to get on so well and you missed the woman. You missed all her family to be honest.

"She's still as unbearable as ever," Kendall chuckled. "But she's okay. She's always wondering how you are doing."

"Tell her I say hi," you fondly grinned at the confession. The giant tugged on Kendall's sleeve like a little child.