Friends

Friends. You don't like that word when it comes to her. You don't want to be only friends... you want more. Friends is not enough, at least for you.

Confessing your feelings may lead to two possible outcomes: first one is that she reciprocates the feelings and wants to be with you too or, second one, she doesn't reciprocate the feelings and you lose her friendship. The first outcome is very unlikely to happen; so friendship is the only thing you have left.

"Hey, earth to Y/N," Kendall waves her hand in front of your face. Her pretty face interrupts your trail of thoughts. Not that you mind. "Where were you?"

"Uhm, sorry, just lost in thoughts. So what were you saying?"

"I asked you what movie you wanted to watch?"

"I'm down for whatever you want,"

"Okay," She sits next to you, laying her head in your shoulder and snuggling up against you. Your heart starts beating faster and you hope she doesn't notice. Friends do this things all the time, right? Kendall chooses 'Paper Towns'. "Is this one okay or do you want to choose...?"

"It's fine, Ken. If Cara Delevingne is on it, I'm more than eager to watch it," You joke and you can feel Kendall's stare.

"You like Cara?"

"She's pretty," You shrug your shoulders.

"Aren't you friends with her?"

"Kinda," The frown on Kendall's face just grows deeper. Thanks to Cara you met Kylie and Kendall and since then you've been friends with the Jenner's sisters. "I'm gonna go see her tomorrow," You mention.

"Wait, what did you mean by 'kinda friends'?" That question takes you by surprise. Should you tell her that you may have hooked up with Cara several times? "Y/N?" You really can't look at her right now.

"Uhmm... I... we hooked up," You mutter quickly. There's a long silence. She's still looking at you, you can feel it, but you don't dare to look up.

"Like once?" The model mumbles. You look at her because you need to see her face. She is not smiling. Instead there's a small scowl plastered on her face. When you tell your friends you hook up with someone they would smile or be surprised. They wouldn't scowl, would they?

"No," You make a small pause. "Like, many times," She nods and quickly starts the movie. She is not cuddling with you anymore. You miss the heat of her body against yours. She's quiet and stealing glances at you when Cara shows up on the screen. You are not stupid. You notice her. You want her to smile and be playful with you as she always is. Once the movie credits roll on the screen, announcing that the movie has finished, you get up in order to gather your things and go home. Kendall usually invites you to stay over but not tonight. She hasn't said a word to you and it's starting to annoy you. You didn't do anything wrong, did you?

"Why Cara?" Kendall asks you out of nowhere as you are standing up.

"Uh?"

"Why do you hook up with her?"

"I-I don't know, I just do," You stutter feeling all of the sudden nervous under her gaze.

"Does she make you feel things?" She breaks the silence. You frown. Where does she want to get with all these questions?

"I guess," You reply hesitantly. "She just makes me feel good," Kendall nods and scrolls through her phone. You look at her. You want to know what's going on on her mind. You contemplate her angelic face, her soft features barely illuminated by the screen of her phone; her eyebrows almost connected in deep thought; her lips tightened, turning down at the ends; her jaw tensed by... anger? Annoyance? Maybe jealousy? Do friends get annoyed at you for hooking up with other friends? Maybe you are too tired and you should leave.