Stares part 1

Requested by anon: "you know what you should write about? maybe not just an OS but a story about kendall and y/n about how they had this massive crush with eachother in highschool but they didnt know and then when they're around 23 or 25 they meet eachother again through work or something and kendall really likes y/n but y/n's dating gigi or hailey. and I'll let you decide what happens next😊 that'd be awesome😁"

"You can stare all you want but... aren't you ever going to talk to her?" Victoria asks you. Your best friend knows you too well. You are not going to talk to her, it's not your style. You don't even know how to approach her, it'd be so awkward. And you definitely don't want to annoy her. You have talked to her a few times and have practically known her for a long time but you are shy and she's shy too and it's not easy. So you have got used to stare from afar.

"Nope," You shake your head slightly.

"You know, I have this theory," You raise your eyebrow as she makes a suspenseful pause. "I have been keeping an eye on both of you,"

"What are you talking about?" You frown confused.

"That I have been watching you and her, the way you steal glances at each other or the way she subtly looks at you when you are not looking," You laugh sarcastically. "I'm serious Y/N! my theory is that she has a little crush on you,"

"Last time I checked she had a thing for that dumb soccer player, Matt,"

"If you could only see what I see," Victoria sighs.

"Yeah, well, I can't," You mumble annoyedly. Sure, Victoria's your friend but it's not like Kendall is interested in you. And it's not nice of her to give you false hope.

Who the fuck cares about irracional algebraic functions? This class is pissing you off. You don't get maths, never had, never will. You close your book and huff. The bell finally rings indicating the end of the class.

On your way to your locker, you notice Kendall wiping some tears and going into the bathroom. You follow her and once you are inside you start to think that maybe this was an stupid idea. It's not like she is going to tell you all her problems or you are going to be of any help. Still, you were impulsive so here you are. She is washing her face, still unaware of your presence. You grab some paper towels and once you are next to her you hand them. That's when she notices you and you can clearly see her puffy eyes.

"Are you okay?" As soon as you ask that you want to punch yourself in the face. Of course she is not okay you idiot, she's crying.

"I'm fine, I-I just, lots of stuff happening," She breaths deeply. "I-I don't know..." Kendall starts sobbing again.

"Hey, hey, shhh, it's okay," You softly wrap you arms around her. That takes you by surprise. It's like your body is acting on its own. She doesn't seem to mind because soon her arms are tightly around you. "You don't have to talk about it," You don't know how long you've been holding her but it feels perfect. Having her arms around her feels natural, it's like she belongs there and you belong there too, holding her. Everything is intoxicating you, in a good way. The softness of her skin, the smell of her shampoo, the way her body is pressed against yours and above all, the way you managed to calm her down. After some minutes, you unwillingly let go of her.