Destiny

A oneshot requested by imaginesandotherstuff: "Can you please do an imagine where Kendall and Y/N were friends in high school, and they saw each other and start falling for each other?" and requested by anon too: "AU where Y/N and Kendall used to go to the same school and then they find each other years later?"

You are doing your grocery shopping as you do everyday. You always hated to do grocery shopping or any kind of shopping for that matter. But it's something you gotta do and right now you would rather do something else but you are stuck in this fucking supermarket. You are in a queue of people who are probably wishing to leave too. You are too tired and distracted to even notice your surroundings. Until you hear a voice. You know that voice. Yes, definitely. But where from? You want to turn around but you won't be discreet at all. No, you can't do that. Besides you are kind of an antisocial specimen so small talk and saying hi to people it's something you find awkward and uncomfortable. Oh yeah, returning to that voice. You work with many people, it has to be some co-worker; maybe some distant relative. You try to hear more of that voice but the people in the queue is talking too loud.

After paying for your stuff, you go to the parking lot and find your car. You open the trunk of it so as to leave the heavy bags.

"You've got to be kidding me!" You hear someone shout in frustration. You take a peek from behind your car only to see a girl crouching next to some bags and gathering some items on the floor. You jog to where she is to help her.

"Hey, let me help you," You crouch next to her and quickly start gathering the products, putting them back in the bag.

"Thank you, that's really nice of you," She says. And that voice again. You stop dead in your tracks. You look at her, a clear frown in your face. She looks back curiously. Your eyes widen and hers open in shock. Right in front of you is the one and only Kendall Jenner, one of your friends from high school. You weren't best friends but you got on really well. She was a cheerleader back on the day and used to date the popular quarterback. Yes, typical American. Thing is, you used to have the biggest crush on her. And she was your friend and oh boy, you did suffer. Lots of suffering. You liked her too much to say anything and ruin your friendship. As years passed, you kind of lost contact. You graduated and you moved on. And now, 7 years later, you find her in some grocery store near your house. "Y/N," Kendall whispers in wonder.

"Kendall... it's been..." You mutter still surprised. You don't know if you are actually surprised or in awe of her.

"It's been years..." She finishes. "I never thought I'd find you here... Do you think you have time for a drink so we catch up a little?" The dark-haired girl gives you a small smile and she looks genuinely happy to see you.

"Sure," You nod and help her gather the rest of the stuff.

"I know a really nice café near here, wanna go?" Kendall suggests.

"Let's go,"

You walk just a few blocks and arrive at the café. There you catch up as much as you can; you talk about your current jobs, high school memories and friends. But there's one thing you haven't talk about yet. And you don't know if you wanna find out either. You won't lie. She is gorgeous and your feelings for her are still there. Yeah, after 7 years of not seeing her and thinking that you'd forgotten her, old feelings resurface again.