You know why

"I'm afraid of spending time alone with you," Hailey admitted as you two were about to watch a movie.

"Why?" You asked confused. You and Hailey had an awesome friendship; you loved spending time with her because she always made you laugh until your stomach hurt and she was a good listener too.

"Duh. Kendall," She stated as it was obvious but you didn't quite understand.

"I don't get it,"

"You know how Kendall is," You frowned. Kendall was your other friend and you were probably interested in something more than a friendship but you wouldn't admit it out loud. Besides, your friendship with Kendall was way too important to you to ruin it because of your silly crush.

"I don't, Hailey. Is it because she couldn't make it and you think she'll be mad at us for getting together anyways?" You wondered and she rolled her eyes.

"Have you ever stopped to think about how special you are to Kendall?" The blonde asked you.

"I'm her best friend," You rolled your eyes. Of course you were special to her.

"Yeah, I know. But I'm her best friend too and she acts differently around me," She commented. You were dumbfounded at this. What did Hailey meant when she said that Kendall acted different around her?

"Different how?" Hailey groaned because she was clearly struggling when trying to communicate. Or maybe you weren't understanding her.

"I don't know, like, she is always so careful around you,"

"Hailey, I'm really not following," You admitted.

"Kendall likes you!" Hailey shouted in exasperation and seconds after she covered her mouth with both hands, shocked about what she just revealed.

"What?" You widened your eyes. What the fuck? Was this a joke? You felt lightheaded all of the sudden and you laid back on the couch trying to process what your friend said. "Are you kidding me?"

"Look, Y/N, if Kendall finds out I just told you that, she'll kill me, please promise me you won't say a thing," Hailey pleaded.

"I... Sure, I won't say anything. But I need an explanation Hailey," You demanded.

"Okay, but promise me you won't say anything," You rolled your eyes at her because you just told her you wouldn't say anything about it.

"I pinky promise you," You smiled reassuringly at her. "Now talk," You ordered impatiently.

"Well, you know how Ken has always struggled with her sexuality?" You nodded. It was no surprise that Kendall had been with boys and girls and she had never labeled herself. And at one point, it was somehow frustrating because you had feelings for her and not knowing if she was kissing the girls just for fun or because she felt some kind of attraction to them was driving you crazy. Besides you were fucking jealous too; she never told you who she had hooked up with but you always found out because of her friends. "The other day, she confessed to me that she has a crush on you and at first she thought she was confused but then she realized that her feelings were way much bigger than she initially thought," You couldn't help but smile at that.

"For how long?"

"I don't know, she didn't tell," She shrugged her shoulders. "But now that I think about it, probably for a while,"

"Whoa I'm just... It feels like this is a joke," You admitted. What if this was all a prank and Kendall and Hailey were playing with you?

"It's not," Hailey stated. "But really, haven't you ever noticed?"