Gladly

Your phone hadn't stopped buzzing for the half past hour and Kendall was getting annoyed. You see, Friday's night were sacred for the model as she got to spend time with you, her best friend.

"Who is texting you?" she ordered to know.

"Huh?" You replied distractedly as you typed a quick answer to this girl you met in college.

"Who are you texting?" Kendall repeated again.

"Uhm, just this girl I met in college," you shrugged your shoulders and placed your phone on the table.

"Are you, like, dating her?" the model suddenly asked. Honestly, Kendall didn't know much about what was going on with your life since she had spend the last two months traveling. Even though you spoke every day, some details were omitted. Besides, you never felt comfortable talking to her about your love life because she acted weird.

"What? No, I'm not," the dark-haired girl noticed the blush on your cheeks which clearly gave you away.

"You like her, though."

"Kinda," she let out a sigh and grabbed her phone.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" Kendall asked some minutes later.

"Because it's not important," you replied nonchalantly. "Besides, she doesn't like me back,"

"How are you so sure?"

"She's straight," you chuckled. "I know, I'm always falling for straight girls, my bad." Kendall was one of them. One of the straight girls that you fell for and you still couldn't get over. She was so damn beautiful, not only on the outside but also on the inside.

"How do you know she is straight?" Kendall frowned.

"She had a boyfriend and I don't think I've ever heard her talk about girls like that, you know? Besides, the way she uses pronouns gives it away."

"Pronouns?" she asked.

"Yeah, like, when I was in the closet and they asked me who I wanted to marry I said someone who is a nice person. But she talks about boys," You smiled sadly.

"Oh... well, that doesn't mean anything. Some people realize they like the same sex later in life."

"That'd be a miracle for me," You laughed.

"Why are you always hiding your relationship status to me?" Kendall asked in a very serious tone. She even seemed concerned about it.

"I don't know, I guess we don't really talk about that stuff, and besides, you get weird when I mention a girl," You met her brown orbs which were fixedly studying you.

"Weird?" the model repeated somehow offended.

"I mean, I don't know, you get super protective about me getting hurt and sometimes a little jealous of me hanging out with someone else, but I mean, I totally get it," you make a brief pause.

"You do?" Kendall asked surprised.

"Yeah, of course Kenny, you are a Scorpio. And I know that you hate when I bring the astrological stuff up, but it's the truth. Scorpios are really protective over their friends and it means a lot that you don't want me to get hurt," you smiled at her as you grabbed your phone again.

"Wait, you don't get it," her words made you stop typing and you frowned.

"Of course I do. Even if you don't believe in astrology, I know what's real," she groaned like a little child.

"Y/N, it's not that," the model repeated.

"Then what is it?"

"I, uhm, I behave weirdly because of something else," Kendall started acting shy all of the sudden. She was indeed shy but not around people she was comfortable with.

"Kendall, I'm not going to guess. Just tell me."

"Ugh, okay. Maybe it's because, uhm, because I don't want to see you with girls," the dark-haired girl looked down but you still didn't get it.

"And who would you like to see me with?" you asked, tired of this guessing game.

"With me." Oh shit. That was direct. "I like you."

"Is, uhm, is this a joke?" you asked nervously. "I thought you were straight?"

"Really? I haven't have a boyfriend in, like, 4 years," she rolled her eyes.

"It's just that you... you never said anything about it," you pointed out. "So I guess I'll have to cross your name off the list."

"What list?"

"The list of straight girls I've fallen for," Kendall looked shocked. "Oh, c'mon, don't act so shocked, I've always liked you," You laughed softly.

"You like me?" the girl asked in disbelief and you rolled your eyes.

"Really, Kendall? How can you doubt that?" You got closer to her and stared at her lips. Kissing them had always been a dream of yours. You've always fantasized about kissing her and letting her know how much you cared for her. "I've always stared at your lips way too much, didn't you ever notice?" She shook her head. "Do you know the reason why I'm always staring at your lips?"

"I think so," Kendall weakly replied. "Are you going to keep staring or what?" That gave you the confidence to close the gap between your mouths. Her soft lips caught your bottom lip, kissing it delicately. Your heart was jumping excitedly and your mind couldn't think clearly. Her lips felt so addictive and you felt so lucky. You slowly broke the kiss in need of air.

"Remind me to do that more often," she smiled and pecked your lips one more time.

"Gladly. "