Chapter 29- Mike

"You were completely drunk!" Aaliyah points a finger at Joey, he gives her a look that includes his mouth dropping open

"I was not!" He tries to defend himself but even the dumbest of the dumbest would realise that he was indeed very much drunk. He's never been very good at handling drinks, he's a light weight and it's hilarious when he gets drunk. I snort and stand beside him, they were that loud that I could hear them across the room! Joey glares at me, "are you picking on me too, Claudia?" I give him a cheeky grin and shrug.

Everyone's heads turn to the door as a knock echoes and everything goes silent, oh my god I hate it when you're the one on that side of the door and you knock and everyone just stares at you. It's so uncomfortable! This lady looks to be in her late 40's, her hair is in a sleek bun and she's wearing a pencil skirt with a shirt tucked in. She looks at my Business teacher and walks over to her muttering something, the teacher looks at me. Why is she looking at me?

"Claudia, someone's here for you, he couldn't get a hold of you and wanted me to let you know he's here," I try to hide my grin and I nod gathering my things in my arms and walking out of the door. After I walked to my temporary locker to grab my my things and get my bag I walk to an office, I'm practically bouncing on my toes in excitement when I enter the room. But I freeze when I see who it is.

"Mike?" My fathers head snaps to me and his eyes hold a warning look, he gives me a complete fake smile and walks over to me pulling me into a hug that isn't very good and friendly. I push him away from me and he stumbles back, I shake my head at him in disbelief. "You can't just show up here like everything's okay! Leave me alone!" I go to walk out but he grabs my wrist in a bone breaking grip, I let out a pained noise and he smiles sweetly at the lady at the front desk who is looking at me in worry. He drags me out and I scream at him to let me go, he shoves me into the car when we exist the building and I gasp. He gets in after me and orders the guy to drive.

The first thing he does is slap me, my head whips to the side from the force of it. I slowly turn my head to look at him in complete surprise, "you little whore!" He screams at me. I cower away in fear and scramble back, my back presses to the door and I take large breaths. "You said all of that to the tabloids! You said I was a complete drunk, my clothing line is second hand and I'm a cheating ass hole!" I look at him in confusion, he lunges at me and grips my throat. I struggle to breathe, I try to pull his hands off of me and I make a small noise at the back of my throat.

"N-no I didn't," I wheeze out, his grip tightens and tears make an appearance. Before I can most likely die of suffocation he releases me, I cough and take sharp breaths to get air into my lungs.

"Stop lying, Claudia. Who else would say that?" He doesn't even give me time to reply, he slams my head to the door and I scream. "OF COURSE YOU DID!" He growls, I don't know what I'm thinking, I don't know why I made this decision but I open the door to the car that's going 90km per hour. And I jump out, my body slams to the road and the air drains from me. My bag didn't stop the impact at all, with a blurry vision I look at the car to see he's stopped it. No, no, no! I manage to stand up and run towards the woods and push past the people that exited their cars to see if I'm alright. I ignore the pain that is running through my arm and all the way to my shoulder, I want to scream but I can't- my throat is burning and scratchy. I ignore the throbbing on my scalp and cheek and I run like Usain Bolt, everything's spinning but I keep running. I can't stop running.