Chapter 14- Matt the guard

Alex Prange as Matthew McCormick

Do not feel sorry for me.
I mean, who really got the raw
end of the deal here?
I only lost you: a lying, frightened, using, abusive poor excuse for a human being. And you lost me
||
The grey clouds cover the sun surrounding the earth in darkness, I stare blankly up at the sky.

You think, 'okay, I get it, I'm prepared for the worst', but you hold out that small hope, see, and that's what f*cks you up. That's what kills you.

I wasn't prepared for anything.

Why do we feel so much pain from a person that was simply an idiot, you know that the relationship you have won't last but yet, it hurts.

It hurts so much.

How could Isaac just say that he has to go after I was confronting my problems to him!?

It's only been two days since the incident, I thought I would be okay now. But I'm not. I can't eat, I can't sleep, maybe God is punishing me for my sins.

As I've said before, the ones you love hurt you the most. You only give people you love so much power to hurt you.

Why? I don't even have the answer.

I hate feeling!

A tear rolls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away and lean back in the chair closing my eyes.

I hear someone clear their throat and I open my eyes, Aaliyah and Joey which is one of our good friends stands there.

"Hey girl, what you crying about?" Joey asks, he sits on the green grass that is in front of the chair in sitting on.

Aaliyah sits next to me and grabs my hand, "Claudia what's happening?"

I shake my head and give them both a wobbly smile, "n-nothing, Joey how's Carter?"

He grins but then glares jokingly, "don't change the subject missy, but my boyfriend is doing very well," that's right my best friend is gay.

He was afraid to tell us but we found out, we of course accepted him. There's nothing wrong with him because he likes the same sex as himself. I hate people who shame others who are in a same sex relationship, it's horrendous and you would think in this century it wouldn't happen.

"Dude, seriously what's happened?"

"So I went to visit my dad about some issue we have been having, we shouted at each other a lot and I got angry. He told me that he didn't love me," I whisper.