"How can you help me?" 

"I can show you how to fit in because that's the only way right now. If I see Daryl I'll tell him the same thing but you, you need to look after your baby."

Katy nodded, tears coming to her eyes. "So if I do what he wants me to, I'll be okay?"

"Yes."

"What if I don't get a chance to escape before the baby comes?" She asked with nerves because until them she was in a semi-space limbo but after then everything was unclear.

She shrugged. "We have a lot of time until then."

"I hate him so much!" Katy cried. "I just want to see Dary."

Sherry stepped forwards cautiously and wrapped her arms around the other woman, Katy was actually comforted by the hug and responded as if they had been friends before. She liked having somebody there for her who understood at least a little bit.

"You'll see him again."

"He won't join."

"I'll do what I can to help you both." She promised.

"Thank you."

Sherry pulled away and wiped the tears away from the girl's eyes. "Now you're gonna shower and make yourself look great. Then you're gonna sit with us and act like you're okay with it."

"Can I get the doctor to check on my baby?" I asked her. 

"Of course, after you're cleaned up." She nodded with a smile as she picked up the dress and gestured for the girl to follow her. Sherry put on a good show, walking confidently and smiling at the Saviours who walked past.

"Is he nice to all of you? There are six wives right?"

"He's never physically hurt any of us." That answer made Katy aware that he upset their mental state whether he meant to or not. He had burned Sherry's husband and probably done harm to others too.

The shower room was large and clean. Sherry handed the dress to Katy and smiled. "Everything you need is in there. I'll get a hairbrush and I'll be waiting outside when you're finished."

Katy usually relished in having long, warm showers but in the Sanctuary she felt vulnerable and unsafe even though she didn't believe that the people would try and hurt her at that moment. The fabric of the dress stopped mid-thigh and the woman was surprised, she hadn't seen herself in anything like that since before. She looked alright but felt like shit. 

"Sherry, you can come in!" I called and a second later she had entered the room with a brush in her hands, beginning to brush the woman's hair gently.

"He'll like it." 

"Oh, joy." Katy said sarcastically causing Sherry to laugh quietly.

Once finished in the bathroom, the two women walked side by side down the halls of the complex until they got to a sitting room where Negans wives spent most of their days. Sherry put a comforting hand on her arm.

"You go in there and I'll speak to Dr. Carson."

Katy prepared herself for the other women to be considerably less kind than Sherry, she stepped in slowly and was stared at by five girls and Negan himself. She stopped herself from flinching at the sight of him. Sherry's words of fitting in ran through her mind so she smiled at everybody instead of the grimace she wanted to show.

"Katy!" Negan exclaimed. "I was right about how good you would look in that dress." 

"Thank you." She replied nicely even though she hated the sound of him complimenting her, it made her feel uncovered.

"Too bad you'll have a few months were you're you know-" He made a gesture of his stomach growing bigger, she didn't reply. "Where's Sherry?"

"She went to speak to Dr. Carson about me getting a check-up." Her hands went to rest on her stomach and he nodded.

"Of course." He spread his arms out. "These are my wives. Girls this is Katy, she's my possible fiance." He raised an eyebrow as if he was waiting for me to challenge him. 

I shrugged. "Maybe."

"She is playing hard to get." He chortled. "I love it!" 

It went silent for a few minutes and Katy took it as a chance to look at the girls around the room. They all looked different and they had stories behind their eyes that probably didn't always paint Negan in the best light.

"As much as I love being with my wives, I have business to attend to." He looked around before his eyes settled on the ginger girl. "Frankie, why don't you come with me."

Katy knew what 'business' they were going to attend to and she made herself a promise as she sat down that no matter how long she had to pretend to be happy in that place, she would never lower herself to betraying her family by becoming one of his wives and helping him with that 'business'. Even if it killed her.