Chapter 1: "Lemon Slushies"

• Dedicated to Folly

(Please read author note at end if you are confused ^.^)

Chapter 1: “Lemon Slushies”

On a snowy winter day, SHINee and the trainee group, Folly, decided to throw a party at one of the vacation houses near the mountains. If only the oblivious souls knew that tonight was going to change others drastically.

“Stephanie! Taemin!” Kalyn barked, holding a heavy cardboard box with many colorful decorations in them, “Come help us.”

Stephanie and Taemin stood near the white framed window, gazing out into the heaven happening outside, and reluctantly glanced at Kalyn. Once they heard her say ‘help’, their smiles dropped.

“We want to go play in the snow!” both of the children cried.

Kalyn grimaced at them, disbelieving that these two were older than her. “Too bad,” she growled, shooting the two death glares.

“Meh,” Stephanie whined, holding the word out longer than Jonghyun’s tangent from Lucifer.

“Go do your work before I punch you!” Kalyn angrily shouted, setting the box down on the living room coffee table. Stephanie and Taemin sadly gazed at each other before hanging their heads and dragging themselves away towards the kitchen.

<3~<3~<3~<3

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Maddie and Key were trying to make a simple party drink for everyone, but the hint was the word “trying”. Shouts and death threats were vocalized through out the whole house as the two stubborn singers argued about how to make the drink.

“Shut up! I know what I’m doing!” Maddie yapped, shoving Key away from the blender full of lemonade, sugar, and ice.

Key reached out to stop her. “No! Wait, don’t press—”

It was too late. Maddie stabbed the high speed button on the blender and the contents exploded everywhere! Silly Maddie forgot to put the lid on before starting the machine, making Key even angrier that he had to work with such a reckless girl.

“Oops,” Maddie softly mumbled, wiping the slush away from her eyes. Key just slapped his forehead, making droplets of lemonade slush splash onto the ground. He wasn’t going to waste his breath on her. At least she knew what she did wrong.

Right on cue, Stephanie and Taemin playfully popped their heads around the corner of the doorway leading into the slush-covered kitchen. Both of them happily gazed at the fuming cookers who were covered from head to toe in delicious ingredients.

“Do you guys need help?” Stephanie asked, walking into the kitchen with Taemin right at her side. Carefully, they tried to not slip on the liquid that was covering the white tiles.

“I can’t work with her/him!” Key and Maddie barked at the same time, mirroring each other as they intensely pointed at the other.

Taemin left Stephanie’s side to adventure over towards Maddie. The slush on her face looked very tasty, so he teasingly licked her cheek, taking the slush into his mouth. The warmth of her skin and the chill from the slush made the whole taste worth it.

“Mm! Delicious!” Taemin happily cheered. Maddie jerked away and slapped her hand over her cheek just in case he wanted seconds. Honestly, how could the shyest member of SHINee be so comfortable licking her cheek? It just didn’t add up.

“Taemin!” Key lectured, “You can’t just lick people’s faces!”

Stephanie mischievously smirked as an evil plan played in her mind. She turned towards Key and said, “Sure you can!” Taking his face into her hands, she quickly licked a bit of slush off his smooth cheek and stepped away in case he attacked her in return. “Mm! Taemin is right! This is good.”