Chapter 34: I'm in control

Start from the beginning

I can practically feel his glare. He never liked it when I embarrassed him, especially in front of the family, but oh well. I guess he just had to deal with it.

And then I finally get to Christian. I give him the best smile I can give him and also give him a hug.

"I know your smile is fake." He chuckles. "And good luck. Don't be too long." I give him a surprised look and leave out the door before my emotions get the best of me.

Didn't he know that I was kicked out, basically? But I'll let him think that. I hope that the family would treat him as good as I did with him. I would return if they ever thought of taking him back to that awful guy he was once with. But who knows, maybe I'll still be feeling fear that I'll die going into a mafioso's home.

I was quickly loosing my confidence, and I hated that.

I also happened to say bye to Fransisco. He was actually the first one. I happened to stumble into his room before I was in my bed looking at the ceiling. He told me he was proud me. Proud that I wasn't depressed, because of Giovanni. He also told me that this wouldn't be the last time to see me because he would still be watching over me.

Which was a wierd way of putting it cause he wasn't dead. Or wasn't on his way of dying. He told me the bullet didn't happen to hit any of the important veins or organs. But the color of his face and the number of times the family doctor came in, told me otherwise. But I guess that's just how he's suppose to look like when he barely got shot. I didn't know.

I swear when I get my hands on Giovanni, he's going to regret ever messing with me and my family.

I laugh bitterly to myself.

I know I won't do that. At least not anytime soon, knowing that I'll crumble down if he takes a glance at me or if I do. I would have to recover first.

I get in the limo, closing the door and falling back into the leather seats with a sigh.

"Were you going to leave without saying bye to me?" Daniel says with humor but I heard a tad of hurt in his voice.

I open my eyes way to quick for my liking and I notice that I have my gun out, pointed towards the direction of his voice.

Even though I knew it was him, I was still catious.

I wasn't sure if Giovanni was going to come at me. He could have, he killed anyone in his way. I even witnessed it, and I still happened to like him. I was disgusted with myself, and still am.

"Wow, wow, wow. Put it down, it's just me."

I put the gun on my lap and I'm actually surprised I still had my gun. I didn't even remember placing in my waistband.

"I know it was you. But you already know that we have to be cautious." I say sternly while he rolls his eyes.

"I think you won't be needing it anyways." He sits next to me and places his hand over the gun, after he looks at me for permission. I give a nod and he places it in his waistband.

We sit there for two minutes in total awkward silence until he's the first to talk. "It's too bad I won't be hearing your sarcastic remarks" he chuckles. " . . .or being able to calm you down after every mission because you felt disgusted being close to those perverted men." He scoots closer and places an arm over my shoulder. It was actually making me uncomfortable, not because he was a pervert or anything like that. But after the whole fiasco with Giovanni, I felt like every guy was going to use me. And I felt guilty because of this.

Daniel had nothing to do with it.

"I'm sorry about the whole situation with Giovanni. He actually ruined the chance of me ever asking you out." I stare at him wide eyes while he runs a hand though his hair. "If I ever get the chance to see him I swear he's-"