Chapter 34: I'm in control

Start from the beginning

The knock on my door startles me, that has me clenching the covers. I was awake the entire time, staring at the white ceiling.

I only had three hours of sleep.

"Hey Lana I'm here to take your things to the car." Daniel says quietly. I just nod towards the direction of my luggage and other things which sat at the end of the bed.

He nods and picks up the luggage. Before he turns he breathes in and opens his mouth to say something but closes it back and takes the luggage to the car, forgetting about the question he wanted to ask me.

Maybe he wanted to yell at me. I wouldn't even feel bad about myself because I deserved to be yelled at and more.

I stand from the bed and go check myself in the mirror. I looked like a mess, but worse. My eyes were puffy from crying myself to sleep. I guess I forgot to mention that.

My eyes also looked lifeless.

And also, I was told to dye my hair back to red, so no one could notice me. Because that would be dangerous.

But I had missed the red color, Though it brought back memories. Memories that I wouldn't want to remember.

I peel off my clothes, while I let the shower run.

I step into the shower and let the hot, burning beads run down my body.

I've always liked taking extreme hot showers, never cold. Sometimes when I stepped out, steam was radiating off my body, literally. That's how hot the water was.

I don't know why but hot showers were always relaxing. Maybe it was because I sat down in the tub no longer handling being on my two feet, and let my emotions show.

I didn't realize it and I wasn't surprised that tears were running down my face. I couldn't handle all this. There was only so much I could take. Maybe it was the whole teenage phase.

Yeah right!

No teenager ever goes through this, do they?

If they do well I definitely feel sorry for them.

I turn off the water and reach out of the glass door to grab my white fluffy towel.

I step out and wrap myself, while putting on my underwear.

It takes me a good ten minutes to get myself ready, with light makeup so people wouldn't notice that I was crying.

I was probably in my room for an extra 20 minutes deciding whether to go down the window like a coward or face everyone downstairs. Though the latter was my final choice. I walk downstairs with a fast beating heart and my stomach churns when I see the whole family there. Their expression all wear a sad pity look, and I hated that, except for the ones who could mask their emotions.

I hug each one of them and even Camilla, because even though she was a bitch in the beginning, she still happened to be there, kind of like a friend.

My eyes open wide, with my brows furrowed, when she stuffs a paper into my hand. She whispers that it's her number, too bad I won't use it. I don't want anything to do with the mafia.

Not even the people.

Antonio gives me a nod. I never could understand him. But then again, I can't even understand myself.

I get to Chris and he puts his hand out for me to shake.

I internally scoff and smack his hand away.

It's wrong of me, I know and I wasn't even angry about the discussion he and Fransisco had about me going back to my normal life.

I was mad at the fact that all he could offer was a handshake. A damn handshake! We were cousins, almost siblings for godsake and all he could give me was a handshake. I was leaving, for God knows how long!