Thirty Six

FaceTime
Karla is calling...

Lauren glanced down at her phone, her palms had suddenly become very sweaty, even thought Camila had said what she wanted to talk about wasn't anything bad, the green eyed girl couldn't help but think the worst.

Answer

"Hello you beautiful being" Laurens face lit up as Camilas appeared on her phone screen "you look just as good as you did this morning"

"You don't need to kiss my butt Lo, I told you this isn't bad, I mainly just wanted to see your face" Camila chuckled.

"I'm not kissing your ass, I'm being honest, you look exceptionally hot today"

"Exceptionally? Well Lauren, I'm so glad I meet your standards"

"They aren't that hard to meet"

"Oh really?"

"Ok no, I didn't mean that as it sounded, you're gorgeous, out of this world beautiful, more than exceptional, I-"

"Relax, miss ramble" Camila bit down on her lip "can I ask you something?" Lauren hummed in response as well as nodding "what are we?"

Lauren let out a breath "I wanted to ask you the same thing, you know how I feel
about you and I'd like to think I know how you feel too, but with me being away right now, I just feel like limbo is where we're probably best to stay"

"Why? I feel as if being in limbo, as you put it, for the next three months isn't enough Laur, we've been in limbo for three already"

"I know, I just... you're so far and I'm not there, I don't want you to.. I don't-"

"If you're implying in some way that I would look at someone else Lauren, you clearly have no clue how I feel"

"I don't mean... what if drinking is involved, I like you too much to-"

"Sounds like you have a guilty conscience. Actually Lauren, you deal with your shit, I clearly can't do anything from here and apparently I'm not good enough"

"Camila, that's not-"

"Bye"

Click