Love? (Part Two)

Warning: This chapter deals with domestic abuse and eating disorders.

"I do." Will beamed across to his now husband.

The honeymoon was in Madrid, Spain.  Will couldn't have felt happier, walking the streets, holding his husband's hand tightly.

There were lights strung up everywhere, booths lined the streets. At one they ordered some hot wine, at another they got churros and chocolate. There were street performers at every corner, people talking loudly in other languages, but it didn't make him uncomfortable, it just made him feel more in tune with the voice of his husband, with his words, as there were no other words to interfere.

- - - - -

"Who the hell is Paulo?" The voice shook Will from his sleep.

"He's the friend I met at the library I told you about." Will made his voice soft, trying to sooth the man standing in front of him.

"You aren't allowed to text him anymore. I don't want to lose you, if you love me, you'll understand." He had turned sad, making Will's insides turn with guilt.

"Of course I love you, baby, I promise I won't, I'll block his number right now." Will stood up to grab his phone and do it, but dizziness washed over him and all he could see was black. 'When was the last time I ate anything?' He tried to figure out, knowing that was the cause of most of his dizzy spells.

- - - - -

"Oh! You're home early." Will noted, walking through the front door.

"Where were you? I don't like it when you're not here when I get home, you make me worry about you." He had a look of concern plastered on his face, but his eyes were dull.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

"With my new promotion, I don't know when I'll be getting off, and I have longer breaks so I can come and see you sometimes. Maybe it's best if you leave the errands and stuff to me? I don't want you to have to take care of too much, and I really don't like the thought of you going out by yourself."

Will couldn't believe he was serious. "There's no way I'm staying in this house all day. You have no right to treat me like some sort of prisoner, nor will I abide to this." His voice had gotten louder and louder, he walked closer and closer.

A sharp pain shot through his face, causing Will to stumble backward and hitting his hip on the corner of the counter. "Don't ever speak to me like that again, got it?" A low growl escaped from his husband, but Will was just standing there in shock, clutching his face. "I am not above installing a lock on the outside of the door if it means I can go to work without having to worry about whether or not you are safe. Please." His voice cracked with sadness. "I couldn't stand it if I lost you.

"If you pick me up books when I ask, or bring me coffee from the cafe I like, I will stay home." Will could feel his resolve shattering, even though it left him feeling empty.

His husband wrapped his arms gingerly around his tiny frame and began peppering kisses softly where a bruise was already forming on his cheekbone. "Thank you, my love."

- - - - -

Will walked circles around the house, his chest feeling constricted, heart pounding. It was so cold outside, the deck door was frozen shut. He could usually get by with spending an hour outside with a book, or cup of tea every day. Just that small time with fresh air and sunshine to help him not feel so restless.

If he did one more lap around the kitchen, his mind would explode. It wouldn't hurt to run a few flights of stairs, would it? He wouldn't be leaving the complex, so it should be fine. His husband didn't even have to know.