Sweet Sorrow

Chapter 35 Sweet Sorrow

Soldier Magic's POV

I yawned and stretched lightly. "Babe." I heard from my side. "Yes?" I asked smiling. "You don't know how badly I want to make love to you." Alonzo said hotly breathing against my neck.

My face turned red. "I'm just kidding, only until we get married." He smiled. "But that'll take like 4 more years. We're still in high school." I said sadly.

"I would be willing to wait forever just for you." He said embracing me.

I smiled against his chest and wrapped my arms around him as well. I love him so much.

***********************************

"Young prince! Please wake up!" Annie's voice called out. My eyes opened and I stood up.

"What's wrong?" I asked her puzzled. "You were crying." She said worriedly. I wiped my cheeks and they were indeed moist.

"Oh, I never realized." I mumbled. "Where you having a nightmare?" She asked me. I shook my head.

"No, it was a beautiful dream." I said smiling slightly. "Then why where you crying?" She asked completely confused.

"Because it was of someone I love dearly." I answered. "Was it mister Alonzo?" Annie asked innocently.

"Yes." I answered and wiped my face with my glove covered hands. "My papa once told me, that no matter what happens to the person you love. They'll always be with you. Rooting for you every step of the way." She said.

I smiled. There was some slight mistakes in her quote but that still made me happy. "Thank you Annie." I patted her head.

"It's such a shame that the ring the lady was wearing wasn't a Heart Crystal." Annie pouted. "Yes, which means the Heart Crystal is still somewhere out there." I said.

"How are you kids feeling?" The leader said entering. "Kids??" I said annoyed.

"We're good! Thank you for letting us accompany you!" Annie smiled. "Actually you begged for them to take us with them." I said under my breath.

"I think it would be best for you to change clothes." The leader motioned to my Soldier outfit.

"That would be lovely, but unfortunately that is against my rule list. And I don't think that's possible." I answered bowing down like a royal prince.

"Your very strange. Yet, your so interesting." The leader smiled and exited the room. A question mark appeared in my head.

"Was it something I said?" I asked out loud. "Well, its unusual for such ordinary humans to believe in us magical beings." Annie said running her hand through her hair.

"We should go look for that Heart Crystal." I said sliding open a nearby window. "But what about them?" She asked me. "They wouldn't understand our mission, let's go." I sighed and jumped out the window.

I landed gracefully and Annie landed on my back. "Did you have to land on me?" I asked shaking her off. "Well god! Unless you want me to break my legs!" She said.

"Fair enough." I said and we both silently walked across the sidewalk. It was pretty vacant here, a couple of undead here and there but they didn't even notice us.

"Do you think its possible for a Heart Crystal to be inside of a store?" I asked nonchalantly. "It could be possible but the odds of us finding it are close to zero." Annie told me.