"Chris and Munchie backed Marquis up and it ended, for now." Robin said.

"We reached a part of town where the water wasn't high so we were lugging the boards Jonesy, the 3 year old was crying too and Ashley cradled him, and we had to pick up her slack of carrying the board. When we found that family dollar you would think we thought it was Six Flags but it was closed, Marquis didn't look too concerned. I heard a window breaking and I saw Chris open the door to a station wagon and he hotwired it and drove through the front door the alarm went off but no one was coming I asked Marquis Is this bad? He said We doing what we gotta do. Chris parked the car next to the family dollar and we just hung out there played with the cheap ass toys, drank soda and ate junk we had no adults telling us what to do that family dollar was our house, for a day."

"Till what?" Amir asked.

"Like at 9 something in the morning these 3 guys and 2 girls and one was pregnant, Marquis was our leader pretty much and said we could share but once all of them went to get what they needed Marquis got our group together and told us to load as much as we could in the car Becky asked Why?"

"Because we don't know what they up to and we gotta keep moving, if they came here what's stopping other people from coming here? I don't think they gonna be as nice as they were either." Marquis said.

"We leave now?" Munchie said.

"Yeah." Marquis said.

We loaded water, Juice, chips, candy, bread, batteries, radios, lighters and knives in the trunk and when we were all about to leave here comes trouble five dudes came up and one asked "What you kids doing?"

"None of your fucking business." Marquis said.

"Two of them started to mess with Becky and Lanelle saying or as they called them White girl with big titties and red bone. Marquis, Munchie and Chris defended them then with all the yelling two of the dudes from earlier came outside to see what was happening and I guess they knew each other because instead of asking what's going on? One of them said The fuck y'all here for?! I think the 5 dudes were from a different neighborhood cause I've never seen those characters before. I did see the pregnant girl once or twice not that I knew her but she belonged where she was. While we loading ourselves in the car all I heard was gunshots. Marquis drove over the curb and got us the hell out of there. Years after I saw that Pregnant girl she was the only one that got shot and lost the baby."

"Amir, when I tell you we was packed in that car like a toe in one of Shaq's shoes! Ugh! Theresa told me they had cartoons at the Superdome. Me being 5, asked Marquis could we go to the Superdome and I wasn't the only one all the little kids was getting on his nerves about it until big mouth Kelly said "Theresa said so."

"Can we go to the Superdome now?!" Theresa asked.

"No!" Marquis shouted.

"Why not?!" Theresa asked.

"Can you please stop fighting about this!" Becky shouted.

"Shut up Becky at least I have someone waiting for me!" Theresa said waving the phone in her face.

Marquis snatched the phone from Theresa and hurled out the window and into a large puddle.