Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 48

Astrid’s P.O.V.

I was in my room listening to ‘Bad Girlfriend’ by Theory of a deadman when somebody began knocking on my door. I got up, paused my music and went towards the door. I opened it and Matt is there and he moves a little to show that Duke is here and Matt says, “Did you want him here?” I nod to Matt and smile at Duke and then Matt says, “Alright then, I’ll leave you two alone then.” Matt walks away and Duke enters my room and when I shut the door I say, “What are you doing here?” Duke hugs me tight and he says, “Surprise visit.” I hug him back and he says, “Did you not want me here?”

Duke begins walking towards the door and then I say quickly, “Stay please.” Duke stops turns to look at me and he says, “I’ll stay then.” I smile at him and we both head to my bed to sit on it. Just when I’m about to sit by Duke, he pulls me onto his lap and he whispers, “Stay.” I hit his shoulder playfully and say, “Say it nicely or I’ll get off.” I begin to get off of Duke’s lap and then Duke’s arms tighten up around me and he says, “Stay please.” I kiss Duke’s cheek and say, “How bad was that huh?”

Duke doesn’t say anything and I then rest my head on his shoulder and I hear Duke whisper, “I love you Astrid.” I smile at that and whisper back, “I love you too Duke.” Duke smiles and he lays his head on top of mine. We stay like that for a while before Duke says, “You were listening to music before I came here.” I nod my head and he says, “Can we listen to some?” I nod my head and Duke lets go of me so I can get up to turn the music on. The music gets turned on and then I sit back on Duke’s lap and he says, “Better off by Theory of a deadman.” I nod my head and say, “I didn’t know you like this band.” Duke smiles at me and he says, “I’ve seen these guys in concert five times.” I nod my head and say, “I’ve seen them seven times.” Duke gasps and he says, “No way.”

*Five months later*

Duke came over and he says, “I think we should begin planning our wedding.” I nod my head and I look down at my ring that Duke gave me and Duke says, “Babe?” I lift my head up and say, “Yeah?” Duke shakes his head a little and he says, “I had said that we should make a list of everyone that we want to invite.” I nod my head and Duke says, “Is that alright with you?” I nod my head again and Duke says, “Alright, maybe I should leave soon so we could get started on our lists.” I sigh aloud thinking about how many people I want to invite and Duke says, “Come on Astrid it ain’t that bad just invite some of your family and friends.”

I shook my head and say, “If only it were that simple.” Duke laughs at that and says, “Just invite your dad, brothers, and your friends, that’s who I’m going to invite.” I shrug my shoulders and say, “I guess so.” Two hours later Duke says, “Babe, I’m going to go home so we can work on our lists.” Duke and I both get off my bed at the same time and then he pulls me towards him and he kisses me hard. I kiss him back and after we both say that we love each other, Duke leaves. I sigh as I head over to my I-pod and scan through my songs until I get to ‘Scream’ by Avenged Sevenfold.

I smile to myself and then I walk towards my desk and I grabbed a piece of paper and I began to write down a list of names. After that was finished, I laid my head on the desk to rest for a bit. I was about to get up when my phone went off to signal that I have a text message. I grabbed my phone and saw that the text was from Duke and it said, ‘I have finished the list, how about you?” I text him back and told him that I was done too. I turned my I-pod off and I lay down on my bed and I closed my eyes for a bit. I decided to get up and turn off my light since I was getting tired. I made back to my bed without tripping on anything. I get into bed and I closed my eyes and began to sleep.