Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 34

Duke’s P.O.V.

I got showered and dressed and then I put my phone, wallet and keys into my pocket and left the house. I got into my car and drive off, I was really anxious to see my Astrid. I arrived at her house and ran up to the front door and began knocking. The door opens up to reveal Jared and he says, “What do you want?” I tell him that I’m here to see Astrid so he lets me in and I see my girl standing beside the couch. I smile and walk over to her and say, “How are you babe?” Astrid nods her head and says, “Better, now that you’re here.”

I smile at that and say, “I’m glad.” Matt comes out of the kitchen with a mean look on his face and I say, “What the hell is your problem?” Matt shakes his head and shrugs his shoulders and says, “Nothing, just that Astrid has asked me to be nice to you.” I was surprised that Astrid would do that for me and Matt says, “Don’t look so surprised Duke, you should be lucky Astrid loves you.” I put an arm around Astrid’s waist and say to Matt, “I am lucky.” Matt shakes his head like he’s grossed out about me loving his sister and then Astrid says to me, “Let’s go out somewhere.” I nod my head and Astrid says, “I’ll go get my stuff.” After she says that, she turns around and heads upstairs to get her things.

I sat on the couch and I was waiting for Astrid to come down and two minutes later she did. I stood up off the couch and when she got closer to me I say, “Ready to go?” After she nods her head we began to walk towards the door when we were stopped by a voice that said, “Astrid wait, let me get you some money first.” We both turn around to face Chad, Astrid’s father, and then he hands some money to Astrid and he says to me, “Make sure to have my daughter home by eleven thirty.” I nod my head and say, “I will have her home by then.” Chad nods his head and he leaves the living room and then Astrid and I leave the house. We get into my car and I drive off. I stopped in front of a gas station and I say to Astrid, “Where do you want to go?” I was thinking that Astrid was going to say that she wanted to go to the mall but instead she says, “I want to go to the park.”

Astrid’s P.O.V.

We arrived at the park and Duke says, “What do you want to do?” I tell Duke that I want to go for a walk and he says, “Let’s go then.” Duke takes my head into his and then we begin walking. We get three blocks before Duke takes his hand away from mine and then he places an arm around my waist. After Duke does that, he pulls me closer to him and he says, “Can we take a break?” I nod my head and we sit on a bench and I lay my head Duke’s shoulder and he says, “I’m going to go across the street to get a pop, want one?” I nod my head and he says, “Pepsi?” I nod my head again and he gets up to run over to the gas station.

Four minutes later Duke comes with two pops and something else. He runs over to where I’m sitting at and I see that he has beef jerky. Duke hands me a pop and I say, “Why do you have beef jerky?” Duke points to himself and says, “It’s for me but I’ll share if you want any.” I smile at that and say, “Thanks Duke.” He smiles and kisses me on the lips and he says, “I love you Astrid.” I kiss Duke back and he lays his head on my shoulder.

We stay on the bench for fifteen minutes so we can finish our pops and eat the beef jerky together. After we finished our things, we threw them away in the trash can and we decided to finish our walk. When we arrived at Duke’s car, we got in at the same time and he puts the key in the ignition. After Duke did that we drove around for a while until I figured out what to do next. Duke made a suggestion of heading to his house because he was tired so I say, “Let’s go then.” Duke begins to make his way to his house and when we arrived, Duke got out and he went over to my side and he helps me out. After Duke shuts the door, I kiss him on the lips and he says, “Your welcome.” I smile and we head towards the front door. Duke opens up the front door and we head inside and after he closes the door, we head upstairs to his room. He closes his door and we head to his bed and we both lay on it.