Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 7

Astrid's P.O.V.

Duke kissed me on the lips and he said, "How was first period?" I nodded my head and said, "It was good, I met a friend of yours." Duke gave a questioning look and I said, "It was Quinn." Duke nodded his head and said, "He's a good friend." Duke led me to my next class and before I entered the room Duke pulled me into him and he kissed me.

Fast forwarding to lunch. I bumped into Dawn, another good friend of mine, and I say to him, "Hey, Dawn, how are you doing?" He nodded and said, "Good, I guess just hate Monday's." I nodded knowing that feeling cause I hate Monday  through Thursday. Dawn and I got in line and not even five minutes later we got our lunch and we were looking for a spot when I spotted Duke.

I told Dawn that I found a spot so he followed me to where Duke was sitting and Dawn said, "Who is this, Astrid?" I blushed slightly before I answered Dawn saying, "My boyfriend." Dawn glared at Duke and then we both sat down, me beside Duke and Dawn beside me. Quinn and Raven came over holding hands and as soon as they sat down I said to Raven, "So you two are dating now?" She blushed a little and then she said, "We are."

I saw Chika holding a tray, possibly looking for me and I yelled to her, "Chika over here!" I waved at her and she walked over to the table. Raven smiled at Chika while she sat down and then Chika said, "Why are we sitting here guys?" I pointed at Duke and Chika said, "That's right, you still need to tell me what's going on." I blushed a little and said, "Were dating."

Chika gave a look at Duke and said, "You already told me that, since when were dating?" I blushed a bit more and said, "Since we met at Raven's house." Chika shook her head and said, "Great all of my friends are getting boyfriends and I don't even have one." I smiled at her and I said, "What about Anthony, you haven't asked him out?" Duke looked at me and he said, "You mean Anthony Hutchinson?" Chika nodded her head and said, "But I don't think he likes me."

I shook my head and I said, "You haven't even asked him yet." Quinn started laughing and Raven hit him on his head lightly and I said to Quinn, "What are you laughing about?" Quinn chuckled and said, "Anthony, he says that he likes Chika but he isn't sure if she likes him back." Chika gasped and she said, "Anthony likes me?" Anthony unfortunately was standing right behind Chika so he basically heard the whole thing and Anthony screamed out at Quinn, "You bastard!"

Anthony then left the cafeteria extremely pissed off and Chika got up and ran after him. I stand up, walked over to Quinn and I punched him squarely in the face and then I left the cafeteria hearing Raven saying for me to come back but she didn't say anything about apologizing to Quinn. I smiled at that cause Raven obviously thought that Quinn deserved it but I didn't go back, instead I went to go find Chika. I found her talking with Anthony, so I crept closer for a better hearing spot. I heard Chika say, "I like... no I love you, Anthony." Then I heard Anthony say, "I love you too, I'm sorry I couldn't say that before." Chika looked into the area where I was and she said, "I know your there Astrid." I got out of my spot and smiled at her.

I walked over to her and I smiled at her again and then I looked to my left and I saw a sign about the homecoming dance. I yelled out to Chika, "Oh my god, Chika look!" She turned around and saw the sign too and she grabbed Anthony's hand and she said, "Can we go to that, please?" She turned around and saw that Anthony was smiling and nodding at the same time. I heard somebody call my name so I turned and I saw Duke so I waved him over and showed him the sign. I gave Duke my best sad eyes and he said, "Alright, alright, I guess we can go." The principal called out Duke's name and he said, "Everybody voted that you would be creating five different cds for the dance." Duke nodded and the principal said, "It doesn't matter if it has cuss words in it as long as it doesn't have anything to do with sexual content." The principal walked off and Duke said, "Looks like I'll be really busy." I smiled at Duke and I said, "I could help you, if you need it." Chika nodded her head and said, "Astrid is pretty good with the music." Duke smiled and said, "Good, I'll pick you up." I nodded my head and said, "Just be sure to call, please."