Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 28

Astrid’s P.O.V.

I sit on Duke’s bed and then he sits beside me and says, “After what happened to you, I felt really bad that I just wanted to do anything to end my life.” I gasp after hearing Duke’s confession to kill himself and I say with tears coming out of my eyes, “Why would you do that?” Duke lifts me up and puts me on his lap and he says, “I thought you wouldn’t ever love me again.” I cry harder and Duke wraps his arms around me holding me tight and I say, “I am willing to give you a second chance.” Duke kisses the top of my head and he says, “Thank you Raven; you won’t ever regret saying that.” I look up at him and I say, “I want you to kiss me.” Duke looks at me shocked and says, “Are you sure?”

I nod my head and then Duke says, “I’ll ask you one more time, are you sure?” I nod my head again and then I wipe my tears and then Duke places his lips on mine and I feel his tongue trying to enter my mouth but I refuse to let him in. Just as Duke is trying again somebody enters his room without knocking and the person says, “What the hell is going on?” Duke and I pull away to face his brother Chase and Duke says, “Couldn’t you have knocked?” Chase smiles at me and says, “I heard from Logan that Astrid was here so I making sure that she’s okay.” I smile at Chase and say, “Thanks for checking up on me.” Chase nods his head and then he walks out of Duke’s room.

I lay my head on Duke’s shoulder and then he says, “Do you want to stay over for lunch?” I nod my head and Duke says, “Good cause if you said no, I would continue begging until you said yes.” I shake my head laughing and Duke says, “I’m glad your mine again.” I smile at him and its quiet for a while until we hear somebody knocking on the door and Duke says, “Who is it and what do you want?” I shake my head and get up to see who it is and its Logan and he says, “Chase wants to know if your staying for lunch Astrid.” I nod my head and then Logan leaves to go tell Chase. I close the door and head back to sit on Duke’s lap.

Once when I’m on Duke’s lap, he wraps his arms around me and he kisses the top of my head. I laid my head on his shoulder and he says, “Do you want to go on a better date then this one with me tomorrow?” I nod my head and Duke says, “Good, cause instead of coming here will be eating out and doing some other fun stuff.” I smile at that and say, “What other fun stuff?” Duke gives me a look that says for me to know and for you to find out so I say, “Fine, I’ll wait until tomorrow.” Duke smiles and then he lays his head on mine. I kiss Duke’s cheek and he says, “I didn’t expect that.”

I laugh at that and then we hear Chase’s voice on the other side of the door say, “Astrid, Duke; if you want to eat, come and get it.” We both say at the same time coming; and then Duke lifts me up and carries me to the dining room where Logan says, “Nice entrance you two.” I shake my head at his comment and Duke places me on the ground. I was about to pull out a chair for me to sit in but Duke gets to it first before me and I say, “Thanks.” Duke smiles and then he kisses me on the lips and Chase says, “Not in the dining room Duke.” I sat down a chair and Duke sits beside me and says, “What’s for lunch Chase?” I see takeout pizza and Chase says, “Yeah I know I could’ve done better but Logan asked for pizza.” Duke sighs and says, “Well can Astrid and I eat somewhere else then?” Chase points to me and says, “It’s up to Astrid if she wants to eat somewhere else.”

I nod my head and Duke says, “She wants to eat somewhere else so can we?” Chase nods his head and Duke says, “Awesome!” Chase hands us a box of hamburger pizza and he says to Duke, “Don’t pig out; leave some for Astrid.” Duke glares at Chase and he says to me, “Come on babe, let’s go eat in my room.” I nod my head and I get out of the chair and Chase says, “It’s great to see that your back with Duke.” I nod my head and smile at Chase and say, “I’m glad to be back with him.” After I say that I head into Duke’s room and he says, “I’m going to get plastic plates and two pops what kind do you want?” I ask him what he has and he says, “Pepsi.” I nod my head and then he leaves to get them so I sit down and wait for Duke to return.