Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 1

Astrid's P.O.V.

"Astrid, I love you." A male voice says.

I smiled at the guy as he lowers his head to kiss me. His head was only inches from me when all of a sudden I felt something licking my face.

I close my eyes and when I opened them up, I was laying in bed. I turn my head to the right and I saw my black lab puppy Bella sitting.

"Hey Bella." I say to her.

She began wagging her tail and her tongue was hanging out slightly. I began to reach out to her to pet her when my phone began playing its ringtone. I turned my body slightly to the left and I grabbed my phone that was on the nightstand.

It took me a minute for my eyes to focus and then I saw that it was a text message from my best friend Raven. She was asking if I wanted to go shopping with her so I messaged back saying that I would love to. A message pops up minute's later saying to call her if my dad can take us.

I got up off the bed, went to the bathroom and closed the door. I take my clothes off and then I stepped into the shower. After showering, I went back into bedroom and picked out my outfit which was my favorite Muse t-shirt and black skinny jeans with holes in the knees. After I got dressed, I went back into my bathroom and combed through my knotty hair.

I called for Bella to follow me and together we went downstairs. I go through the kitchen and I see my dad sitting on a chair reading the newspaper.

"Hey dad." I say.

"Hey sweetie." Dad says.

"Could you possibly take me and Raven to the mall?" I ask.

"Yeah sure." He replies.

I went into the fridge, grabbed the chocolate milk and a banana. I grabbed a clean glass and poured the milk in it. After closing the milk I put it back in the fridge. I sat down on the chair and ate my banana. After I got done eating, I got Bella some food and water and then I rinsed out the glass.

Dad gets up off the chair and we head out of the house. We got into the car and he began driving off. I pulled my phone out and texted Raven letting her know that we were on our way. The car pulls up to Raven's house so I got out, closed the door and went to her front door. I knocked on the door and it opens. Roy, Raven's brother was standing there in the doorway.

"Hey Astrid." He says.

"Hey Roy. Can you let Raven know I'm here?" I ask him.

"Yeah, hang on a sec." He replies.

He leaves the door open and he heads to the direction of Raven's room. Roy comes back with someone trailing behind him. I noticed that it was Raven so she comes over. She closes the front door and together we went over to my dad's car.

Raven and I both get into the back seats of the car. Both of the back doors were shut. Dad takes off then and I quickly put my seat belt on.

"Thanks for picking me up Mr. Hudson." Raven says.

I see that dad is shaking his head. "Raven, how many times must I ask you to call me Chad?" He asks her.

Raven and I both laugh at that.

"I'm sorry Chad, I forgot." She says.

We arrived at the mall and dad drove up to the doors. Raven gets out and I began to open the door.

"Astrid, aren't you forgetting something?" I hear dad ask.

I looked at him confused and then he reaches back and hands me something. I take it and I see that it's money.

"Don't spend it on junk food." He says.

I laugh a little. "Dad really? I'm not Mike." I say.

He shakes his head and laughs. I get out of the car then and walk over to Raven. I hear a car honk so I turn around to see dad waving off before driving away. I waved back and then the two of us went inside the mall.