Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 46

Astrid’s P.O.V.

I woke up the next day and I was very excited about going out to dinner with Duke. I took a shower and got my hair fixed up so that way its one less thing to do. I went downstairs and when I walk into the living room I see Matt on the couch so I say, “Can you make me some breakfast?” Matt jumps a little and then he turns to face me and he says, “What’s up with the hair?” I take a hand up to my hair and say, “Duke and I are going to a fancy restaurant.” Matt nods his head, stands up, walks over to me and says, “He didn’t say why?” I shake my head and Matt heads into the kitchen to begin making my food.

Time suddenly past by and it became four thirty and I heard somebody knocking so I opened up the front door and its Duke all dressed up. I smile at him and he says, “You’re not dressed up yet.” I shake my head and we head up to my room and I say, “I didn’t think you would be here so soon.” I changed into my dress and Duke says, “You are so beautiful.” I blush bright red and Duke says, “Are you ready to go?” I nod my head and we head out to Duke’s car to drive away. Duke hands me a blindfold and he says, “Please put that on.”

I glare at Duke and he says, “We aren’t going then.” I place it over my eyes and Duke says, “Thank you.” We begin driving again and twenty minutes later we come to a complete stop and he says, “Keep it on until I say to take it off.” I sigh aloud and I hear the car door slam shut and a few minutes later my door opens. Duke takes my hand and he helps me get out and then we head to the front doors of the restaurant. Once we were inside Duke says, “You can take the blindfold off now.” I take it off and we were standing in front of a table. Duke and I sat down and we ordered our meal and four minutes later the food arrives. In the middle of eating our meal I had to go to the restroom so I got up and left. I was in the restroom for three minutes refixing my hair and making sure that my dress didn’t have any stains on it. Once when I made sure that I looked good, I left the restroom and began my way towards the table Duke and I sat at.

Duke’s P.O.V.

I knew that the opportunity to act was now so I pulled the box out of my pocket and placed it in front of the napkin. When Astrid comes back she looks down and sees the box and says, “What is this?” I smile and say, “Open it up.” I watched as Astrid opened it and I heard her gasp when she saw the ring. I stood up then and when I was in front of Astrid; I got down on one knee and I grab the box from Astrid’s hands and say, “Astrid, will you marry me?” I saw her eyes get big and she begins crying; I’m not sure if she’s crying tears of joy or if she’s crying about something else. I was about to shut the box thinking that she didn’t want me but then she says, “My answer is yes.” I gasp and say, “Are you serious?!”

Astrid nods her head and she says, “I want to marry you.” I smile at her as I slip the ring on her finger and I say, “You’ve made me the happiest man alive.” Astrid looks at the ring while I stand up and then she looks up at me and then I kiss her. Astrid kisses me back and then I sit back down. I smile to myself and think, ‘Everything went according to plan.’ Astrid and I finish our meal quickly so we can leave and then we make our way towards my car. When we stopped in front of the car door, I saw that Astrid was shivering so I take my jacket off of me and drape it over Astrid.

When Astrid gets in I get in on the other side and I say, “Home now?” I look at Astrid as she nods her head and I say, “You okay?” Astrid nods her head again and says, “Yeah, just shocked still.” I chuckle at that and I begin driving off and half an hour later we arrived at Astrid’s house. Astrid looks at her house and then at me and she says, “I love you Duke.” I grab Astrid’s hand in mine and say, “I love you too Astrid.” We kiss each other and then Astrid gets out and I wait until she’s inside to begin driving again towards home. I begin replaying the scene in my head again and I smiled when I put the ring on her finger.