Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 14

Astrid’s P.O.V.

Duke and I walked away and went over to the dance where were slow dancing cause the song was called, ‘I swear’ by All-4-one. Duke started singing to the song to me and I thought that he had a beautiful singing voice. I smiled at him and when the song was over Duke kissed me fully on the lips and we were kissing for a while until we heard silence from the gym. I looked around trying to find where people were looking at and then I found it, everybody was staring and I felt very stupid cause it was straight towards the entrance of the gym. I recognized one of the guys that were standing there and the guy that I recognized was Maxx but the other three, no idea who they are. Maxx and his three friends started going through people, I suppose to come over to us. Duke pulled me behind him and watched as Maxx and his friends came to a halt in front of us. The guy with two different eye colors said, “I need you two to come with us now.” Duke stayed where he was and then a guy with brown hair grabbed me and pulled me behind Maxx and his friends.

Duke tried to pull me back behind him but the guy with brown hair kept a tight hold on my arm. Maxx smiled at the pained look on Duke’s face and said, “If you want Astrid to be unhurt, you better come with us quietly.” Duke nodded and all six of us went outside where I was released from the guy with brown hair. Maxx smiled at me and he says, “Owen didn’t hurt you, did he?” I shook my head and said, “No he didn’t, but who is Owen?” Then the guy with brown hair raised his hand and said, “I am Owen.” I smiled at him and said, “Who are the other two?” The guy with two different eye colors said, “I am Demitri.”

Then Demitri pointed to the last guy and he said, “That’s Shane.” He smiled at me and said, “Hello, Astrid.” I smiled at him and said, “Hello, Shane.” Demitri glared at Shane and said, “Do you two know each other?” We both nodded and Shane says, “Were good friends.” Maxx glared at Shane and he says, “I thought you didn’t like having girls as friends.” Shane smiled at me and said, “Astrid is an exception.” I smiled back at Shane and Maxx said to Shane, “Okay, whatever.” I started thinking to myself why did Maxx ask Duke and I to come out here?

I started to speak but Duke had beaten me to it and he says, “Why did you bring us out here?” Maxx smiles at the both of us and he says, “I just want to have a truce just for today cause I wanted to see if you two wanted to go for a bite to eat.” Duke was about to speak but this time I beat him to it and said, “We would love to join you.” Duke was about to say something else so I elbowed him in the chest and he says, “Shall we go then?” Maxx nods his head and he says, “Let’s go, oh and don’t worry about taking us cause Owen has his own car.” Duke nodded his head and he says, “So we follow you, right?” Maxx started walking away but he stops, turns around and says, “Wait… where are we eating at?” I shrug my shoulders and then Duke says, “Nothing fancy.” Maxx nods his head and says, “How’s about McDonalds?”

I nod my head and so does Duke so after Maxx starts walking away again so do us towards Duke’s car. Duke followed Owen in his car and when we got to McDonalds and the parking lot looked like it was deserted except for five vehicles. Maxx and his friends got out of Owen’s car and walked over to Duke’s car. Once they came over to the car Duke got out and walked over to my door to help me out and as soon as I got out, Duke went back to the driver’s side took the keys out and shut the door locking it. Fast forwarding to walking outside of McDonalds we all walked over to Duke’s car where it started pouring so Maxx and his friends walked to Owen’s car and Duke got me into his car quickly. Duke had me getting into his car through the driver’s side so I had to crawl over to the passenger side so that Duke could get in and just as Duke was getting in, Shane opened up the back door and he got in the car as well. When Duke got in he said to Shane, “What the hell do you want?” Shane of course didn’t say anything so that pissed Duke off and then he says, “Either you tell me why you’re in my car or you can get out.” I turned around and noticed that Shane was looking at me so I nodded my head and Shane says, “I wanted to spend some more time with Astrid, if that’s okay with you Duke.” Duke nodded his head and he says, “It’s fine with me.” I smiled at Duke when he looked at me and then Duke pulled me towards him and then he kissed me in front of Shane. When Duke was done I pulled back and then Duke said to Shane, “Do you want me to drop you off at your house?”