Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 18

Astrid’s P.O.V.

I gasped in shock that Shane had just said that and then Duke watches Shane leave and I knew that he was pissed. After Shane left, Duke says, “When were you planning on telling me that?” He says that in an angered voice that makes me flinch and it takes me a minute to recover and then I say, “I was going to tell you soon.” Duke shakes his head and says, “Damn, he packs a good punch and it still fucking stings.” I put my hand on it and he hisses in pain and I say, “I’m sorry, I should’ve told you earlier.” Duke places his hand on mine and he says, “I ain’t mad at you babe.” After his cheek stops stinging we went to the front so I could pay for the movie and then we left to go and get something to eat. We started driving around trying to find a good place to eat but then we settled on Pizza Hut.

Fast forwarding to when we were walking towards the front door of my house. We stood there for what seemed like an hour just staring at each other when Duke breaks it by saying, “You better go inside, it’s getting cold out.” I nod my head and then Duke pulls me towards him and we embrace in a hug. After we get done hugging, Duke kisses me and says, “I’ll call you later, I love you.” I blushed a bit and then I said, “Talk to you later, I love you too.” Duke kisses me on the lips one more time before he leaves and then I walk inside the house where I went to my bedroom and then I placed my stuff on the bed when I heard someone knocking on my door. I opened up the door and it was Jared so I said, “What’s up?” Jared smiles at me and says, “Not much, where did you go?” I let him in my room and I showed him what I got. Jared, because he likes reading Spiral: the bonds of reasoning manga, he asked to borrow the movie and I told him that he can watch it when I’m done.

I started watching the anime and when I was in the middle of watching the movie when I heard Matt telling me that dinner was ready so I stopped the movie and went downstairs. When I got to the table everybody was already starting to put food on their plates and then my dad says, “Hey kiddo.” I smiled at my dad and said, “Hey dad.” Jared pulled out one of those innocent faces at me and he says, “When do I get to watch your anime?” I threw a glare at him and I said to him, “I just started watching it Jared and don’t pull that innocent face crap on me cause you know that doesn’t work on me.” Jared pouts and then just when he’s about to say something Mike interrupts him by saying, “What anime?” I smiled at him happy that he interrupted Jared so I say to him, “I bought a new anime today called Spiral: the bonds of reasoning.” Mike had a fork full of food close to his mouth when he drops it back on his plate and he says, “I hate you right now.” I looked at Mike shocked that he would say something like that and then dad smacks Mike in the back of the head and then he says, “That is not nice to say to your sister.”

Mike rubs the back of his head and he mumbles something and then I say, “What was that Mike?” Mike looked at me and he says, “I’m sorry Astrid, I don’t hate you.” I smiled at him and I say, “That’s good, I would hate to have to beat the crap out of you.” Everybody laughs including Mike and he says, “I would actually let you do that.” I shook my head smiling and then I say to him, “Did you want to watch the anime too?” Mike nods his head and then Jared says, “I got first dibs on the movie so you’ll have to wait.” Mike glares at Jared and he says, “You always got first dibs on everything of Astrid’s.” Jared shoved some food into his mouth and he says, “Cause I get to Astrid before you do.” Mike glares at Jared and he says, “Your like a dog that waits for its master.”

We all laughed at that and then Matt says, “I could imagine that.” I then put an image of Jared as a dog but for some reason the image of him had a dog’s body but instead of a dog’s head it was Jared’s head. I started laughing and my family was looking at me like I was on something and then I started to calm down and then I say, “Sorry about that, I had an image of Jared as a dog except that his head was on the dog’s body.” Everybody started laughing and then Jared says, “You know Astrid, even though your talking about me, it’s still funny.” I smiled at Jared and then I went back to eating, I finished my food and then I went upstairs putting my pajamas on. I grabbed my cellphone and I tried calling Duke but he didn’t answer so I decided to go to bed early. I woke up at six in the morning and I decided to get up and then I checked my phone and I saw that Duke had left a text message saying that he was sorry he didn’t answer cause he had a fight with his dad and that he would call later when he had the chance.