Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 31

Duke’s P.O.V.

When we arrived inside Hot Topic they were playing ‘Nightmare’ by Avenged Sevenfold. I smiled at that and I heard Astrid whispering the lyrics. She was singing the words perfectly, not missing a single note. After the song was over, Astrid had already found four band t-shirts and three black jeans. I decided that it was time that I told Astrid that I was going to be paying for half of the bill. After I told her, she wanted to disagree with me but I say, “I want to make it up to you for not taking you here yesterday.” Astrid tells me then that after I pay for half of the bill that I won’t pay for anything else of hers for the rest of the day and I say, “I promise I won’t pay for anything else for the rest of the day.

Astrid smiles at me and says, “Thank you.” I tell her your welcome and then we walk up to the register to pay. The total was one hundred dollars because everything was half off and also buy two things and get two free. After Astrid heard that and that she could get another pair of jeans for free she ran over to the jeans and she found another pair she liked so she brought it to the counter and handed it to the guy. I hated the looks that the guy was giving Astrid so I put an arm around her shoulders to show that she’s already with somebody and those looks that the guy gave stopped. Astrid lays down fifty dollars and I take another fifty dollars out of my wallet and placed them on top of her pile. After the guy gave us Astrid’s things I gave the guy an evil glare and we both walked out of the store.

I began to feel like I wanted to walk back into the store and kick that guy’s ass for looking at my girlfriend. I was trying to think of things that would make me regret doing that and I only came up with one thing and that is Astrid. I then told Astrid that I wanted to go back into the store to kick the guys’ ass and Astrid says, “Please don’t, I would hate you if you do that.” I was shocked at what I just heard and say, “I won’t do it because I love you.” I heard Astrid make an ‘aw’ sound and she says, “That’s cute.”

Astrid’s P.O.V.

I was happy that Duke continues to tell me that he loves me and I felt bad for not being able to say it back to him. I feel somebody shaking me and I realized that I was in a deep thought and I then realized that the person shaking me was Duke. I saw that he had a worried look on his face and I say, “I’m sorry I was thinking.” Duke puts a hand on my cheek and says, “About what?” I tell him exactly what I was thinking about and I saw his face turn pale white and he says, “You have a reason not to tell me and I accept that and I will wait for the day when you say it back.” I began to cry because I was happy that he was willing to wait for me and then Duke pulls me towards him and he hugs me tightly. I stop crying after six minutes and I say, “I’m done crying.”

After I had said that I had expected Duke to let me go but he didn’t, instead he’s still hugging me. After a while of standing and just hugging each other, Duke finally pulled away but before he lets go of me, he kisses me hard on the lips. I kissed him back and I say, “Where do you want to go now?” Duke points at himself and says, “Your asking me?” I nod my head and Duke says, “Well if it’s okay with you, to head to my house.” I nod my head and say, “Let’s go then.” Duke grabs my hand and we head outside towards his car.

We got in the car and when Duke got the key in the ignition, he drove off. We arrived at Duke’s house six minutes later and we both went inside his house. We went up to Duke’s room and when we got on his bed Duke says, “What do you want to do?” I look around Duke’s room trying to find something for us to do and I kept looking at the movies. I got off the bed and walked over to the movies for a closer spot and I saw my favorite movie, ‘Mirrors.’ I pulled it out and showed it to Duke and he says, “Are you sure you want to watch that? It might be scary for you.” I glare at him and say, “I have this movie at home.” Duke puts his hands up in a surrender gesture and he says, “Don’t blame me if you get scared.” I put the movie in and say, “I believe that you’re going to be scared though."