Chapter 22: Help From Sean

Start from the beginning

"I don't know either, honey." He rubbed his head against mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What?"

"You just look so beautiful." Sean said grinning at me.

We had gotten the twins to go to sleep and Ryan & Chris were in the spare room with Devry.

I blushed and played with the fork on my plate.

"Even when your face is the shade of a red Corvette."

I laughed. "Stop it, Sean!"

He reached across the table for my hand. "I'm really glad you're having my baby."

"Me too. I thought you'd be upset."

"Why would I be upset? This is a great experience I get to share with you."

I shrugged shyly. "I don't know. So much has been going on lately, I just thought it would stress you out more."

"The last person you need to worry about is me, Alea. Everything is going to be about you for now on." He said, smiling.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Alea, there's something I've been meaning to ask you, but never really got around to it."

I put down my glass. "Yeah?"

"I'd like you to move in with me. More than ever now." He said smiling.

My heart dropped. Move in? As in a whole different living space? That meant moving boxes all over again!

"Um, I'm really flattered Sean, honestly. But I just don't think now is a good time."

His smile faded. "Oh. OK, that's fine." It returned. "We'll just wait until you're ready."

I nodded in partial agreement.

"Something wrong?"

"No, I'm fine. I'm OK. Just a little tired, you know?" I tried to convince him and myself.

"Want to go to bed? I'll put the kids to sleep."

I grinned. "The kids. Sounds like you're talking about your kids."

"I will be, soon." He rubbed my hand.

"I am going to go ahead and go to bed though." I said, getting up and putting my plate in the sink.

"Alright baby, I love you." he gave me a kiss and put his plate in the sink. "I'll wash these too."

I smiled and walked to my bedroom and shut the door.

I opened up my dresser and put on an over sized tee shirt and some shorts. "Might as well wear these before I get too big."

I wrapped my hair up and took off my makeup. I looked in the mirror. My face looked full and my eyes had purple circles around them. Gosh, I look terrible.

I crawled into my bed and fidgeted until I could get comfortable.

Would this be what my life would be like for now on? Going to bed early because of exhaustion? Having circles and bags under my eyes? Waking up and going to sleep feeling like crap?

I sighed and tried to force sleep to come.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------