Chapter 27: The Aftermath

A few months had passed since the whole Viktor car accident fiasco. Ever since then, a lot of things started to change. Viktor hung out with Yuuri in reality more than the amount of time they used to spend talking to each other online and on their phones combined. Then, the unexpected happened. Viktor decided to move out of his place and moved into the same apartment as Yuuri. Besides, there was one room available just across Yuuri's place, so Viktor thought it was a perfect, splendid plan. By some miracle, Yurio helped Viktor with his things, carrying boxes in and out.

"He promised me that he's going to take me to the ice rink then the mall after which is why I'm here," Yurio explained before leaving the room to get more boxes.

"Uhhhh okay then," Yuuri said as he watched him walked off and continued helping Viktor unpack. 

Yuuri's friends and Chris came to help Viktor with his stuff too, they went to get drinks for the whole group, leaving them not so long ago. 

"Need any help with that area Yuuri?" Viktor asked.

Yuuri looked over his shoulder, "I'm good here, try unpacking that box over there," Yuuri suggested.

"Okay," Viktor walked to the box, cutting the tape and opening the box.

It was silent between them. Yuuri didn't mind though, he was trying to figure out which went where. Yuuri looked at the time in his clock, "Isn't Yurio supposed ot be here by now?" He thought to himself.

"Hey Yuuri," Viktor said, breaking the silence between.

Yuuri hummed in response as he stood up to find a place for a vase he was holding.

"You know, when a person is in a coma, they can still hear the people around them," Viktor continued to unpack.

Yuuri froze in his position, putting the vase on the table nearby, "Wait what? Does that mean he heard every word I said? Every single one???!!!!"

Yuuri was walked towards the box, "So I'm guessing you heard everything huh?"

Viktor nodded, "Yup, every single word."

Yuuri could feel himself blush. He was glad Viktor heard him, but at the same time he wasn't . He was filled with nothing but mixed up emotions, "Y-y-y-you know, if you don't feel the same that's fine with me," Yuuri said, his eyes gazing at the wall.

Viktor sighed, "Yuuri turn around."

Yuuri hesitated before doing what he said, making himself look at Viktor.

"You know how you said that I might even find a reason to live if I stayed? Do you remember?" Viktor asked, walking towards Yuuri.

Yuuri nodded, his stomach doing endless amounts of somersaults, "Yeah o-of course I remember."

Viktor and Yuuri were now only a few inches away from each other. Yuuri could feel the heat from Viktor's body even if they weren't touching, they were practically sharing the same breath, "Well...I've finally found my reason to live."

   Before Yuuri even had time to react, he felt Viktor's lips brushed against his and before he knew what was going on, they were kissing. The world fell away, softly and slowly. Yuuri closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around Viktor's neck as he kissed him back. There was completely no space between them, Yuuri felt Viktor's hands drift from his cheeks to his waist which made Yuuri blush more than he already was. The kiss obliterated every thought Yuuri had on his mind, his assignments, helping Viktor unpack, just melted away along with the worries huddled into every corner of his mind. Yuuri ran his hair through Viktor's grey hair, it was softer than expected. Yuuri's brain was lit on fire and the warmth spread throughout his whole body, he could feel it happening with Viktor too.

"Yuuri..." Viktor's forehead rested against Yuuri's, and even through he pulled away, Yuuri could still feel Viktor's lips brushing against his.

"Yes Viktor?.." Yuuri looked upinto his blue, stunning eyes.

"I love you," Viktor said.

This made Yuuri's heart explode after doing a hundred somersaults. The words he was longing to hear, finally out there, lingering around them, "I love you too."

"Ew ugh go get a room."

Both of them turned around, their arms still wrapped around each other. Yurio stood there, his face covered in disgust while Phichit had his phone out and this slightly mischievous look painted onto his face. Guang Hong was cursing under his breath as he puts money onto Leo's outstretched hand. Chris stood there, glowing with joy.

"About time," Phichit said as Chris nodded.

"Damn I really thought I would win," Guang Hong said, glaring at Leo.

Leo chuckled, "Too bad you didn't."

"Whatever, whatever," was all Guang Hong responded.

Even though he didn't want to, he pulled away from Viktor's embrace, "Alright let's get back to work guys."

Everything went back to normal, only this time, Viktor was smiling even more.

--------------------------------------------------

    That night Yuuri decided to stay at Viktor's, since he was too tired to even move, even if his room was just across. It was already late, and the two laid in bed, with Viktor asleep whilst Yuuri was wide awake, still stunned and overjoyed over the turn of events that happened today. He could hear Viktor's heartbeat since his head was resting on his chest, and he thanked every god and deity he could think of for his still-beating heart and for Viktor in general. Yuuri couldn't help but smile as he closed his eyes, because he knew that kiss was a beginning, a promise of much more to come.