Chapter 15: Chilling In Chatrooms

Although Yuuri had plenty of sleep, he still felt tired from yesterday. Besides the games they played yesterday, he walked a lot too, since no one had a car. So, he decided to stay home for the whole day, laying on his bed whilst doing nothing productive. The sunlight poured all over the bed and onto the floor in the afternoon haze. The sky was as clear Yuuri's glass windows, with only the sun keeping it company. Yuuri sat up as he yawned and turned on his phone to check if he had any messages or notifications. He had a lot from Instagram, since a lot of people posted the pictures from yesterday, and a few from LINE, one of them being from Icarus. He decided to look at it after he had breakfast (or brunch, in this case). He went and took an unopened cup of instant noodles. After breakfast, his phone buzzed and he saw he had a LINE notification from Phichit.

Phichit: "Hey Yuuri, did you check Instagram yet?"

Yuri: "No I haven't, I just woke up."

Phichit: "Lol why am I not surprised? Anyways, go like my photo!"

Yuri: "Yes sir! Wait which photo?"

Phichit: "The ones from yesterday!!!"

Yuri: "But you posted a lot."

Phichit: "Then all of it."

Yuri: "Who has the time and motivation to do that :("

Phichit: "Uh you do."

Yuri: "Time, yes. Motivation, no."

Phichit: "WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? :(((((((((((((((((("

Yuri: "Alright fine fine, I will."

Phichit: "Yay!!!! Thanks."

----------------------------------------------------------

Icarus: "I don't get horror movies."

Yuuri spent the whole day reading, eating, and studying, after all university students never get complete freedom. He surprised by the fact that he wasn't so stressed when he studied, maybe taking breaks from studying really do help.

Yuri: "What don't you get about them?"

Icarus and Yuuri had been talking for almost the whole day, it was the longest conversation he has ever had with anyone online, he never even talked with Phichit that long.

Icarus: "It's almost always the same thing. Stupid family move into creepy-looking house and bad crap happens blah blah blah."

Yuuri couldn't help but laugh, he did have a good point.

Yuri: "True, good point."

Icarus: "And it ALWAYS take place in either a haunted house, a hospital, or mental asylums. Sometimes even a combination of either of the two. Why can't there be a horror movie where a mall is haunted or something? Like a haunted department store."

Yuri: "There are no discounts boo!"

Icarus: "Your credit cards are maxed out oooooOOOoooh"

Yuri: "We don't give refunds oooOOOOoooooh"

Yuuri found himself laughing uncontrollably, luckily it was only him at home, so no one could see him laughing like one of those hyenas from The Lion King.

Icarus: "See! It would've been one heck of horror movie."

Yuri: "Yeah I would totally see it 10/10."

Icarus: "I'm with you on that :)"

Icarus: "Do you have any music recommendations btw? I seriously need to start listening to new songs."

Yuri: "Well there's this one band that makes really good covers called Halocene, you should go check them out they are SO underrated, but other than that I totally recommend you start listening to Dodie Clark because she's so freaking talented, there's Melanie Martinez and Halsey, who are both queens btw, and there's The 1975, who seriously need more appreciation along with The Neighborhood and Artic Monkeys. Against The Current is also one of my favorites."

Icarus: "Wow that's a lot, thanks haha lol. Also I LOVE AGAINST THE CUREENT."

Yuri: "REALLY?"

Icarus: "YESSSSS I LISTENED TO EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ORIGINAL SONG THEY HAVE AND THEIR COVERS."

Yuri: "ME TOOOOOOO"

Icarus: "Did you listen to their new album? BECAUSE IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL."

Yuri: "Yes I have!! MY FAVES ARE WASTELAND, OUTSIDERS, AND ROSES."

Icarus: "MY FAVES ARE RUNNING WITH THE WILD THINGS, DEMONS, AND BLOOD LIKE GASOLINE."

Yuri: "I LOVE THEIR OLD SONGS TOO."

Icarus: "SAME HERE."

Yuri: "Besides Against The Current, who else do you listen to?"

Icarus: "I mostly listen to bands like Fall Out Boy and such. I would write the whole list but it's too long."

Yuri: "Wow #relatable"

Icarus: "Much relate, such trend, very Internet."

Yuri: "Wtf haha"

Icarus: "I know my memes ;))))"

Yuri: "Why am I not surprised?"

Icarus: ";)))))))))))))"

Yuri: "Icarus: writer and expert in not only giving advises, but also an expert in memes."

Icarus: "I should put that in my resume."

Yuri: "More people would definitely hire you."

"Is he actually unemployed?" Yuuri thought.

Icaurs: "Brb gonna go grab a pen."

Yuuri sighed, putting his phone down, for weeks, almost a month, he has been trying to know more about Icarus, to figure out what type of person he is, to probe in deeper into Icarus's disposition and more. Yuuri was glad that he didn't feel as awkward as he did the first time he started talking to him. He didn't have to worry about what he was saying before sending it. He talked to Icarus as if he was talking to Guang Hong or Phichit. The thought of that made Yuuri smile, maybe trying out Icarus's website wasn't so bad after all.