Chapter 3: Death

Death was not a kind person. It snatched where and when it could, taking those who are far too good for this world. It didn't didn't give a damn, nope, not one bit. But worst of all:

Death could rip out a part of a person, a part that they loved most.

And that was beyond the cruelest thing that could happen to a person.

-----------------------------------------------------------

   Yuuri felt like someone has suddenly plunged a knife onto his back, which is the first thing you feel hen your world is slowly falling apart. 

Yuuri stood there, frozen, "W-what?.....H-how?"

"S-she passed away Yuuri," his mother took a deep breath, "She's gone.. There was nothing the doctors could do. She was on her bed, extremely pale and ill so we b-brought her to the hospital then she was just gone," Yuuri could hear even more sobs, "I'm sorry.."

Yuuri could feel the tears as they built up in his eyes and fell onto the sidewalk, "Is this some bad, twisted dream?" Yuuri thought as he started to cry even more. 

"We'll give you some time alone, if you want," his mother offered a few minutes later as she hung up, leaving Yuuri in the cold, suffocating, and dark atmosphere of sadness. Yuuri puts his hand over his mouth to silent his sobs, but even that didn't help at all.

"Yuuri, are you okay?"

Yuuri turned around to see Phichit and the others standing there, staring at him in shock, he didn't even hear them walk out of the restaurant. 

Phichit walked over to Yuuri when he noticed the tears, "Yuuri why are you crying?" He asked, the worry palpable in his voice.

"Phichit..." Yuuri took a deep breath but ended up crying even more, "My grandmother just passed away."

--------------------------------------------------------

   This was what Yuuri hated about sadness, it was like getting a bunch of paper cuts, whenever he remembered his loss or when any memory with his grandmother resurfaced from the depths of his mind, he got another cut. each cut stung like hell, even if it was a small one, it still hurt. This time, it was even worse than when he lost his dog. Yuuri was just nothing but melancholy, it was as if every ounce of his energy had just left his body. 

Luckily, Phichit got him cover. 

Ever since that night, Phichit, Guang Hong, and Leo has been coming over Yuuri's room, constantly keeping him company and trying to cheer him up, but loneliness sometimes help him get through the pain, even if the pain tends to become torturous over time. 

Yuuri stopped going to school for almost a week now and the amount of work that he had to do increased more and more each day. He was a mess, the reality of how devastating the world was came crashing down on him all at once.

The evening came and, just as usual, the door opened, this time it was only Phichit who came in.

"Hi Yuuri," Phichit greeted with a gentle smile.

"Hey Phichit," Yuuri greeted, without moving from his position on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, sitting on Yuuri's bed.

"Eh," Yuuri answered, "Same old, same old."

"Your professors are asking when you're going to come back," Phichit said, "I was wondering about that too, everyone is."

"Well to be honest," Yuuri sighed, "I don't know, maybe soon, maybe later."

"Hey Yuuri."

"Yeah?"

"I want to help," he looked at Yuuri, "I really do."

"My life is a mess, I don't thnk that's possible," Yuuri said as he sat up and looked at Phichit.

"Try me," Phchit replied.

Yuuri sighed, "Okay go on."

Phichit took a deep breath, "There's this website."