Chapter 6: Waiting

To be honest, even though I may be impatient sometimes, I like waiting. Waiting gives a person time to examine the ordinary, anything could happen during that certain period, may it be coming up with the weirdest thought or writing an extraordinary fantasy novel, just within minutes or hours.

-------------------------------------------

   Yuuri woke up earlier than usual. The room still had the look of night painted onto the walls and furniture. Yuuri yawned and sat up, looking out of his window as he grabbed his glasses. The skies were slowly waking up too, sunlight rouses from their sleepy monochrome, making it more blue than charcoal. The sun stood still resolutely below the horizon. Yuuri sighed and laid back once again, resting his head on the pillow, the view is the amazing sky replaced by the dull, white ceiling.

   Yuuri closed his eyes, hoping he would be sucked in back into the paradise of his dreams, but the feeling of the harsh, cruel reality was still there, like knives sticking out of his chest. He gave up and opened his eyes, leaving him nothing but silence and the thoughts of his mind that he would never speak out. 

"If the good things and the bad things that happen in one's life is directly proportional to each other, then why does it feel like the exact opposite?" Yuuri thought as thoughts and questions filled his mind to the brim.

   The death of his dog was depressing, the death of his grandmother was even worse. University was stressful as it is, studying about astronomy and physics was fun, but it was complex too, and for someone who is on scholarship, there were A LOT of expectations. He was expected to keep his grades up and to play the role of "good student" even if the weight of the world was crushing him bit by bit. 

Yuuri wanted to cry, when on Earth will this end? Will he ever get out of this hell?

He stood up and got ready for school, faking a smile when he went out.

-------------------------------------------------

    "So did you try the website?" Phichit asked as they walked down the halls to their Environmental Science class.

Yuuri nodded, "Yup I did."

"Really?" Phichit's eyes widened in excitement, "Did you get a reply yet?"

Yuuri shook his head, "Nope not yet, I don't think he could reply that fast."

"Ah right true," Phichit smiled lightly, "Expect him to reply in a few weeks or so, there are a lot of people that messages him and such."

"How do you even know that it's a 'he?'" Yuuri asked, looking at Phichit.

Phichit shrugged, "I just feel like Icarus is a 'he' to be honest."

"Well anything can happen on the internet, after all, it's bad to assume someone's gender," Yuuri stated as they walked inside the classroom.

"Said every triggered Tumblr user ever," Phichit replied then chuckled.

"You just offended them even more," Yuuri started laughing too.

The world, his life may be shit but at least his friends made it a tad bit less shit, which made Yuuri feel better. Class started, but Yuuri was distracted by his curiosity of "Icarus's" response to Yuuri's email. Would he even respond? What advice could he possibly offer? Yuuri would just have to wait a few weeks for those questions to be answered.