Chapter 11: Out In The City

If you think about it, a city is like a human body. Everything is always busy: buses, shops, people, every part necessary for society to be functional and whatnot. If something minor happens, the city would still be functional, then everything would go back to normal, as if it never happened. If something major happens in the city, the whole cycle comes crashing down all at once. 

-------------------------------------------------

   The city was filled with the sound of cars and other vehicles, churning out the noise of people's daily conversations. Yuuri could have sworn they were inhaling more carbon monoxide than oxygen. Besides being disturbed the pollution of the city, Yuuri enjoyed everything else, the fantastic weather, the vivid surroundings, and, most of all, the company of his friends.

"So where are we going to eat for breakfast Guang Hong?" Phichit asked.

"There's this good restaurant not so far from here," Guang Hong looked around, "This way."

After a few minutes, they arrived at a tiny restaurant hidden between two stores, both bigger than the restaurant. What Yuuri noticed from living in the city for awhile was that the best places (whether they were restaurants or stores) are usually hidden. 

Yuuri ate breakfast with them once their orders came, and it was one of the best meals he has ever had.

--------------------------------------------------------

   So far, Yuuri was surprisingly having fun, he thought he would feel left out since he had no idea about what they were going to do today and since he didn't really spend a lot of time with Leo and Guang Hong compared to Phichit. The group found themselves in a random mall, a place where Yuuri had never been to before, but then again he has never been to many places since he was always either at university (when he had classes) or at home (when he didn't have classes).

"So where to now?" Yuuri asked, looking at the group.

Phichit gave him a smirk before he announced to the whole group, "TO THE ARCADE."

"Oh my God what are you guys up to?" Yuuri asked as he started to back away.

He received no answer, Phichit and Guang Hong grabbed his hands and dragged him to the elevator so he wouldn't be able to escape from their maybe evil plans.

"I got a bad feeling about this," Yuuri mumbled, getting only snickers from the three.

------------------------------------------------------

    The arcade in the highest floor was chaotic yet full of energy. People flooded the whole place and it was filled with different noises coming from different machines, music from the dancing machines, the sound of basketballs from the shooting ones, and the air hockey machines too. Yuuri was thankful for the fact that the karaoke area was soundproof, the whole place would've become more than just chaotic if singing was heard too. 

"So," Phichit looked at Yuuri, "Where to first?"

"Eh?" Yuuri turned to look at Phichit, "I don't know, it's been so long since I've been to an arcade so you can pick one first."

"Oh oh Leo!" Guang Hong pointed to one of the machines, "Let's play that one, you versus me!"

"Isn't that the one where you have to press the buttons that light up?" Yuuri asked.

Leo nodded then looked at Guang Hong, "My hands are going to hurt after this."

"YAY!" Guang Hong exclaimed as he grabbed Leo's hand and started dragging him. 

   Phichit followed and so did Yuuri, who still didn't know what he just got himself into. However, he promised himself that he wouldn't sulk over anything, after all his friends did put all of this together to cheer him up. So he stopped worrying about their plans and embraced for whatever laid ahead.