Chapter 2: Here Comes The Rain

Author's note: the incident that will take place in this chapter happened weeks after the first chapter

------------------------------------------------------------

Even though the good things and the bad things that happens in one's life are directly proportional, it stills hurt tremendously when bad things do happen to us.

Because we never see it coming.

-----------------------------------------------------------

   Yuuri tapped his pencil against his notebook as he stared outside. The sky's blue stretched into the horizon, some spots broken by transitory wisps of white. Birds rested underneath the shade provided by the canopy of leaves. The leaves rustled in the wind, the sound collided with the sound of birds chirping and other students happily talking their hearts out. Yuuri wished he was out there than in this stodgy atmosphere where the only noises that kept him company were the teacher's lecture and the humming of the air conditioner. 

   Environmental Science was one of the subjects that everyone had to take, despite their courses. Phichit, by some miracle, always managed to give the professor his full attention whilst taking notes. Why does Phichit do that even if he didn't care about science at all? It has always been a mystery to Yuuri. By the time classes were over it was 6:40 P.M. and Yuuri was exhausted and hungry.

Yuuri yawned, "I can't wait to just sink into bed."

Phichit nodded, "Same here," he yawned, "But first mission: dinner."

"Ah right, do you want to eat at the udon place again?" Yuuri asked.

"Well it's just a few blocks away from our apartment so why not," Phichit looked around and smiled even more, "Look! There's Guang Hong and Leo!" Phichit started jogging towards the two.

"Wait up Phichit," Yuuri replied as he followed.

It was easy to spot the duo thanks to Leo's medium brown hair. Besides, Guang Hong would also be there with him, except when they had different classes. That was the only time Yuuri ever saw them separately. 

"Hey Guang Hong, Leo!" Phichit greeted with the smile.

Both of them turned around and returned Phichit's smile, "Hello Phichit," Guang Hong replied and turned to Yuuri, "Hey Yuuri."

"Hey Guang Hong," Yuuri smiled slightly.

"What are you guys up to?" Leo asked Phichit and Yuuri.

"Yuuri and I were just going to the udon place for dinner, want to join us?" Phichit asked them.

Guang Hong and Leo nodded, "Sure," we were just going there ourselves anyways," Leo explained.

They started walking to the restaurant as Yuuri started at the starry, city night.

-------------------------------------------

   No matter how many bowls of pork cutlet bowls Yuuri eats, he could never get bored of it. It wasn't just the taste of pork and the egg that Yuuri loved, the taste of the whole dish reminded him of home. All of the memories, the good and bad ones, would come flooding into his brain. The taste lingered in his mouth even after drinking water. Phichit was telling a funny story to Guang Hong and Leo, however Yuuri wasn't paying attention, he tried to, but he didn't have the energy to listen. Yuuri sent a mental apology to Phichit as he looked out of the window. 

Just then his phone rang and Yuuri took it out to see who it was. The first thing he saw was his mother's picture, it was his mother who was calling him. Yuuri answered it whilst walking outside since it was more quiet than the restaurant, knowing it could be something important since she rarely calls Yuuri at this time of night.

"Hi mom," Yuuri greeted, "Is everything alright?"

Yuuri didn't notice the silent sobs that escaped from hos mother's mouth until she spoke, "Y-yuuri.."

"Mom is everything okay? What's going on?" Yuuri asked as panic and worry start to build up.

"It's you grandmother....she just passed away.."

HEY HEY HEYYYY MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE TO YOU GUYS!! So I'm gonna go on a road trip tomorrow and probably won't be on here for 3 days soo yeah, I'll try to write tho okay bye!!!