Chapter 23: Revealed

Yuuri decided to just send Phichit a message on LINE instead of banging his door, bombarding what Phichit like to call his "beauty sleep." Luckily, the hospital was not that far from the campus. All he had to do was take a bus and he's there. Yuuri put his hands in his pocket to keep them warm and to try and stop them from shaking. Yuuri didn't care about the fact that he was wearing grey pajama pants with his Pokemon shirt with his black hoodie, he didn't care about the fact he looked like a mess. The cold bit his nose and ears as he arrived at the hospital. He felt the eyes of strangers blazed on his back as he walked up to the table.

"Hey um I'm here to see Viktor," Yuuri tried his best to stay calm as the nurse went through her papers and looked back at him.

"Viktor Nikiforov right?" She asked, a gentle smile plastered onto her face.

Yuuri nodded, "Yeah, he's my best friend. I just got a call from someone who's already here."

"Ah I see, he's in room 34-"

"HEY KATSUDON OVER HERE!"

Yuuri looked past the nurse and saw Yurio slightly jogging towards him. Yuuri looked back at the nurse, "I think I got it, thank you."

"No problem," was all she said before going back to her world of papers.

Yuuri quickly went to Yurio, "Where is h-"

"Follow me," Yurio turned around and started guiding Yuuri through the maze of corridors. Eventually they arrived at an elevator, both of them entered, Yurio pressing the button that would lead him to their destination.

"What happened to him?" Yuuri asked, staring at the floor.

"Car accident," answered Yurio, "Some drunk bastard hit him."

The words stung in Yuuri's mind, "Car accident."

"Yurio," Yuuri looked at him, "how do you even know Viktor? What-"

"That's none of your business," Yurio shot Yuuri a glare, "Just be glad I told you in the first place."

"But-"

"Enough questions," the elevator dinged and the doors opened, "We're here."

They walked down the hall, it was there when Yuuri realized how dull yet lively the hospital was. It was dull since the walls and floors where nothing but white, with only papers that filled the noticeboards, however, it was lively because of the workers in there. Always busy and vigilant. But, it seemed like the only people that were actually animated were the workers and the visitors, the rest were lifeless. After decades, they finally arrived at Viktor's door.

"Viktor's friend is coming soon, just to give you a heads-up. I'll leave you two alone first," Yurio said as he opened the door for Yuuri and started walking away.

"Thanks Yurio," he called out before walking in, closing the door behind him. 

The sight of Viktor made Yuuri freeze in his footsteps. He was used to seeing Viktor bright and cheerful, but there he laid as lifeless as a corpse. The oxygen mask covered Viktor's mouth, where his smile used to be. The IV needle did nothing but give Yuuri ominous stares, sending chills down his spine. The only noise that filled the room was the noise from the heart monitor, the only proof that Viktor was still here. Yuuri walked towards him, Viktor's skin looked more pallid than the last time they met. Yuuri didn't even notice that he was crying until he saw tears dropping onto the bed sheet as he sight started to become more blurry.

"Viktor.." he said, almost in a whisper, as he reached out for his hand and sat on a chair nearby. He squeezed the hand lightly, he felt as if the life in him was just slowly fading away.

Suddenly the door opened, "Oh sorry, I didn't know someone was already in here."

Yuuri turned around and saw a tall man with two-toned hair, blond and brown, styled in an undercut. He had hazel eyes and his face had a short beard accompanied by a stubble mustache.

"That's fine," Yuuri replied, staring at the man.

"I'm Chris," he said as he closed the door, "Christophe Giacometti, his friend and collegaue."

"Ah I see," replied Yuuri, "I'm Katuski Yuuri, but just call me Yuuri."

"Oh so you're the guy Viktor keeps talking about," Chris said, walking towards them.

"What?"

"He talks about you a lot," Chirs looked at Viktor, "Anyways, I heard what happened."

Yuuri nodded as Chris continued, "The doctors told me some other things too. They're not sure if Viktor is actually going to make it or not. The fight, is all up to him now."

Yuuri looked at him, "Huh? But he'll make it! I know he's strong enough."

"But does he have the will too?"

"What do you mean?" He stared at Chris.

Chris turned and returned his stare, "Look I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you. He may have the strength but the will power? Don't even get me started. All he does is work and just live an ordinary life. There's nothing here that can make Viktor stay. His family abandoned him when he was very young. No family, no loved one, nothing, absolutely nothing to make him stay. Now that he has the choice of staying or not.....I have a feeling that he would choose the second option."

Yuuri could feel his heart slow down, feel every bit of his world falling once again, the weight of the world crashing onto him like an earthquake. He lost too many people, he didn't want lose Viktor too.

Yuuri stood up, "I need some fresh air, I'll come back in a bit."

Chirs nodded, "Sure. I think you need it, you don't look so well."

Yuuri opened the door and left the room, drowning once again even though he was walking perfectly fine.