Chapter 1: The Beginning

Time is truly extraordinary, it's the infrastructure of life itself. It was either one's best friend or one's worst enemy. Some people even try to understand the concept of time and that takes them centuries or even decades. The only thing we use to actually detect time through a clock, a  device made by human beings, which is ironic, because we don't truly understand time do we? But, that's not why time is extraordinary. It's extraordinary, because it can change someone's life, whether it's within a matter of years or just within a few seconds.

---------------------------------------------------------

   Outside was an unexpected gift of rain, Yuuri was so used to the Japan heat, he forgot how the cool freshness feeling felt underneath his sheets. He sighed and sat up, even though his bed was trying to lure him back. Even if Yuuri prayed to every god or deity in existence, he knew that classes were unavoidable. Yuuri groaned and got up to get ready for his usual tedious, university life.

Yuuri's life may be tedious, but his best friend Phichit sure knew how to make life fun and interesting. Additionally, Yuuri actually enjoyed some of his university classes since Physics and Astronomy was his course after all. Since both Yuuri and Phichit were aiming for a master's degree in their courses, they had to stay for at least more than three or four years. Yuuri didn't mind, even though it was extremely stressful

When Yuuri went outside, the clouds were darkened smudges of wool and Phichit was already waiting for him in the lobby. As usual, Phichit was on his phone before he noticed Yuuri, most likely on Instagram. After all, he was popular for his Instagram selfies.

"Good morning Yuuri," Phichit greeted with a smile, slipping his phone inside his pocket.

"Good morning Phichit," Yuuri replied, returning the smile.

"I'm surprised that you actually got up," Phichit said as they walked outside with their umbrellas, shielding them from the raindrops.

"Well, you're not the only one," responded Yuuri, "although it seems like a good type of weather to stay indoors right?"

Phichit nodded in agreement, "I was tempted to just stay in today."

Yuuri smiled lightly, "That's basically me everyday."

"That's literally the story of all university students," Phichit chuckled and so did Yuuri, "Sorry I didn't wake you up earlier, by the way. I kept on knocking on your door but you wouldn't answer so I just decided to wait for you in the lobby."

"That's okay," replied Yuuri,

Thundered roared as the sheets of precipitation started to thicken and even more rain drops started to splash onto the pavement of the lonely streets. Luckily, they were already in the campus by the time it started to rain harder. The atmosphere was depressing yet serene at the same time, the perfect type of weather for big sweaters, hot chocolate, and books with different universes better than reality within their covers. Yuuri was filled with regret, wishing he really did stay in his apartment room.

"We should get going, classes are about to start," said Phichit, closing his umbrella.

Yuuri snapped out of histrance and nodded in agreement, "Right, sorry."

Phichit and Yuuri walked down the hall into the start of their usual, boring routine.