Chapter 24: Revealed (Part 2)

Yuuri couldn't stand the atmosphere, it was too suffocating. It was as if Yuuri was being strangled by Chris's words. Yuuri was greeted by the fresh air and cold once again when he opened the door to the rooftop. Fortunately, no one stopped him on the way there, so he was able to get away with it. He walked forward and took a deep breath, staring at the sight before him. The city lights churned out the lights coming from the stars and moon. The sky was a canvas of black with stars scattered across and the moon claiming them as its own. The city was never peaceful due to the busy people and the polluting cars, but at that moment it was as if time stopped, or at least paused, the sight of the city seemed serene. The only proof of the continuous life of the city was the sirens from the distance. Suddenly, the door opened and Yuuri was no longer alone.

"THERE YOU ARE KATSUDON, I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU," Yurio exclaimed as he kicked Yuuri's ass.

"Ow!" Yuuri looked at Yurio, "What was that for?"

"I ran into that disgusting old piece of shit because I thought you were in there," Yurio answered standing next to Yuuri.

"He must be talking about Chris," Yuuri thought, "Sorry Yurio, I thought he wanted some time alone."

"Whatever, here," Yurio handed Yuuri a paper bag. Yuuri took it with a questioning look and opened it to see what was inside. There was a cup of what smelled like chocolate accompanied by what looked like bread.

"It's Katsudon Pirozhki," explained Yurio, "my grandfather made it."

"Thank you Yuri," Yuuri said, smiling slightly as he got out the cup first, "and tell your grandfather I said 'thank you' too."

"Sure," replied Yurio, "and you're welcome."

The sudden silence between them was broken by Yuuri when he looked at Yurio and said, "Chirs told me that Viktor's family abandoned him. Is that true?"

Yurio didn't take his eyes off the city, "No. Well, not really."

Yuuri continued, "He also said that Viktor had no reason to stay, what does it mean? And why did he lie about Viktor's family?"

"That's just a story or excuse that Viktor used when asked about his family," Yurio answered, "although, I do agree  with Chris."

"Why?" Yuuri asked, curiosity burning in his chest.

Yurio sighed, "His mother died when he was born. She was too weak to hold on. Due to her death, his father became a bitter man and didn't want to take care of Viktor so he left him behind, leaving him with his aunt."

"Then he has a reason to stay," interrupted Yuuri, "his aunt!"

Yurio shook his head, "His aunt was strict, harsh, and worse of all: abusive. So when he was old enough, he ran away and went through a lot to get to where he is now."

Yuuri was nothing but astonished, "So....he really has no one?....At all?"

"No one," Yurio looked at Yuuri, "but you."

"What?"

"He talks about you ALL THE TIME. However, even if it annoys me, I've never seen him that happy, seen him glow like the sun from Teletubbies."

Yuuri could feel his heartbeat going wild, "Aren't you exaggerating a little? Anyways, are you guys close friends or something?"

"No," responded Yurio, "We're cousins."

Luckily, Yuuri was not drinking his chocolate drink, because if he did, he would've spat it all out, "Cousins?!"

Yurio nodded, "Surprise bitch."

"That explains a lot," Yuuri said, overwhelmed.

"We live next to each other too. He lives alone while I live with my grandfather," Yurio explained.

"I see."

"Anyways," Yurio looked at the time on his phone, "it's getting late and you have classes today right? You should go back, you can't stay here all day."

"To be honest, I want to, just for today," Yuuri replied.

Yurio shrugged, "Whatever, your choice. I think Chris is gone by now so you can be with Viktor in peace. I need to go pick some stuff up before I go to his room."

"Alright," was all Yuuri said.

They left the city behind as Yuuri and Yurio headed back, greeted by the hospital smell and mechanic cold. Everything that Yurio told him played on repeat in Yuuri's head as he walked back to Viktor's room.