I rolled my eyes in exhaustion and ran up the stairs to get changed. My illness popped in my head again as I changed. What is going on inside my body? A part if me wanted to know and a part didn't. Of course, the part of me that didn't want to know won.

I changed into something more comfortable and went downstairs to grab something to bite. Carlos is still in the living room holding some sort of board game. I ignored everything he's doing and went straight to the kitchen fridge. I settled on some Greek yogurt and topped it with berries. Yogurt and fresh fruit are healthy, right?

Walking to the living room, I wanted to watch TV before studying. What? Smart people need their breaks too, you know. Carlos was still dealing with the board game. It kinda looked like Monopoly, without the money, but with sets if cards instead.

"Uh...Carlos...what are you doing?"

"Setting this game up. James and I used to play with this ages ago, but now I forgot how to do it." he said, looking at the back of the box.

"Oh, come on, Carlos. You said you were nineteen and you're playing this game when you were like...eight?!"

"I just want to spend quality time with my new little sister, that's all."

Gag. "I have to study for an exam your brother just gave us."

"You're too smart, Cass. I know that you know the lesson already." Carlos started clearing up the mess he made.

"It doesn't hurt to review."

"It kills to be so smart."

"I thought you wanted to play?"

He stood up carrying the box, putting it on the sofa. "I have a better idea we could do. Let's play 20 Questions."

Seriously?

He shrugged. "It could be fun, you know. Getting to know about my little sister more. You've probably played this with James a million times already."

"Nope." I sat on the floor with my snack.

"Woah. Weird. James is a man-whore. He gets along with every girl he's with."

I just chocked on a berry. Did he just say 'ever girl'?! Like how many girls? Carlos crawled beside me and patted my back.

"I thought you knew, sis. Didn't mean to surprise you there."

"You think?" I said, still feeling that berry.

"Let the 20 Questions begin." he smirked.

----

I don't recall the number we're at, but I learned a lot from Carlos. I actually know more about him than with James.

Hero [T/S Relationship & Arranged Marriage]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें