15

Hermione's POV

He skirted around the nurse, trying not to be seen. It was far too late for that at this moment in time though. Everyone in the hall collectively gasped. And I understood why. 

Madam Pomfrey guided Draco over the the tables. He looked mortified to see everyone there. His steely gaze flickered around to look at everyone in a desperate attempt to seem stable and menacing. This was however, not effective.

"Looks like a downright mess, eh? Bloody minger." I hear from my far right. Something clicked, I'm not sure exactly what but something inside me snapped. I spun around.

"It isn't nice to assume you know what is going on with certain people. In fact, it could be considered quite rude, so I'd suggest quietly taking the previous words out of your mouth and putting them back into the garbage where they belong." I retorted, getting up and walking towards Draco.

Everyone had their hands clasped tightly above their mouths waiting for the toothpick I was walking towards to lash out irrationally at me. I didn't know exactly how I was going to walk up to him and help him, for I didn't want to hurt him or his feelings.

But that was when I realized the severity of the situation. From far away Draco just looked close to death, but up close he was scattered with bruises, parts of some of them had dried blood on them, indicating he had been in a tremendous fight. I was just about to reach out to the shattered boy when a deep pain hit my back, I looked up Draco had his slender hand trapped around his wand, pointing it as me. All I could get after that was his mouthing the words to me 'stop me' before my vision blurred. 

All I saw was static, It was like a glitchy Telly was placed right on my eyes, making me only see colorful lines moving up and down. Eventually after a while the colors grew paler and faded into the world around me.

"Mione, you okay?" I turned my head. It was Ron.