8

(Hey, If you read the first chapter of my story before December 3rd, 2014 I'd suggest reading the story again, I changed a few things that might make you confused.)

Draco's POV

"What are you doing here?" Hermione asked me.

"I'm-I was-j-just watching the sunrise." I replied, stuttering a bit. "But, its over now, so I guess I'll go back to the school."

"Listen, is there anything you'd like to talk to me about?" She asked, sounding worried. "You know I'll always listen, you can tell me anything."

"Um, Nothing that I can think of right now, but as always, I'll let you know when I need a friend to talk too." I made sure to put on a little hint of a smile, to make her think I was being genuine. "But it looks like Sidekick-1 and Sidekick-2 are glaring at us, so I'd best be going." I picked up my jacket and slowly stepped away from her. 

Right about then was the time I felt the charm wearing off. My face felt as if someone had physically ripped the skin off of it, which, to be honest, wasn't far off from what I had done to myself. At least now, she was safe. I would rather have my body brutalized beyond recognition, than hurt Hermione. She was my best friend, the only one that had been there for me. I wouldn't have a soft side if it wasn't for her, and I'm sort of glad i have a soft side. I really don't mean to be a dick, It's just how I was raised.

Hermione's POV

I turned around, he was right, Ron and Harry stood there, arms crossed and eyes squinted, glaring daggers at Draco. I picked up my stuff and headed over to them.

"Sorry guys, just got a little caught up over there." I said, glancing between both of them. "So are we ready to head to the Great Hall?"

"Yeah." Harry said, drawing out the 'ea'.

We started walking, crunching the snow beneath our feet, and leaving footprints behind us. I sighed, and smiled lightly to myself. I didn't know why, but I was content, in that particular moment in time, I was content with myself. It was quiet, snow was sprinkling, falling on my hair. I was Happy.