10

Draco's POV

I ran across the feild, not caring how many stared I got, not caring how cold my feet got, not caring how unfocused and not-Draco like I looked, all I cared about at this particular moment in time was Hermione.

Once I reached my dorm, a fell on my knees by my bed and shoved my hand underneath it. After feeling around a few minutes I grabbed the small item I was looking for. It was a simple present. At least, that's what everyone else thinks. In my mind It's way more than that. To me it was like a gift to my idol. I mean, that's really not far off from what it was. It was a kind of diamond shaped box, covered in gold and silver wrapping paper. The gold glistened in the sunlight, while the silver was charmed only to shimmer at night. I found It quite cool. on top of the wrapping paper was a bow. Just a simple red bow. It had a tag flowing from it, on that tag, in neat letters, were the words 'To Hermione, From Drun' I didn't want to say 'Draco' so  I used the nickname she gave me by accident.

It was sort of funny, the way that name came about. She had asked me at the and of Fifth year if I had wanted to swim with her in the lake. Since she is my best friend I had told her no, and said I couldn't swim. She then wanted to teach me how to swim. Of course, me being the most self-conscious person out there, I had told her, 'I really don't want to, I'll drown.' Except, It didn't sound like that, it sounded like I said 'I we-we done wank poo, I'm Drun." Because, just before saying that sentence, I had eaten a bite out of my sandwich. 

Unknowingly I smiled at the memory, that must have been the first real smile I have had on my face since I first saw the dark-lord. And that was a long time ago.

I sat up, putting the present into my jacket pocket, and ran the the gryffindors door. I set the gift down, by the painting and started to walk away. I knew it was a lost cause trying to go in, so I figured, I'll just leave it here....

I hope she finds it.

(So busy, I'm sorry updates are a little slow and short. I am busy from 6 AM to 9PM everyday, even on Christmas. So if you were wondering that's why I always update around 2 in the morning my time. Currently it is 1:46 over here, I am tiered, so that may be why this chapter made no sense. But I promised a Befor Christmas Chapter.......I just realized, this isn't a before Christmas chapter... It is Christmas..... Yayyyyyy.........FTW)