1

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

     She opened her eyes and turned off the alarm. Today was going to be a wonderful day, she could feel it! She looked outside, there was a slight drizzle, but other than that it was a perfectly sunny day.

"Hermione? What are you doing awake? It's Saturday!" One of the girls said, twirling a strand of brown hair that had fallen out of her ponytail.

"I mean, why wouldn't I be up at this time, Lavender? Saturday's are perfect days to catch up on studying."

"Whatever, you do you." Lavender said, placing her head back on her pillow.

Hermione stood up and walked into the bathroom. She looked into the mirror. Her hair was a mess.

"Capillos Rumors, Pectine, Capillus Style." Hermione murmured one spell after another, each spell fixing her nest of a hair even more.

After her hair was situated, she said a few more spells to fix her outfit, making sure there were no creases or wrinkles.

She was done. Hermione the grabbed her bag, making sure the books she needed were in the bag, and walked out the door. She decided to let Ron and Harry sleep a little longer. She wanted to say that she was letting them sleep because she was nice, but the truth was she just didn't wast to deal with them. Ron was incredibly clingy, and always only wasted her for her grades. Harry can be nice, but he is just always so bossy.

Hermione had been focusing so much on the boys, she hadn't realized where she was going. She noted that it felt drastically colder. That's when she heard it. Whimpering. She stopped, and hid behind the wall, though she didn't need to, it was dark enough anyway. She listened closer.

"Please, please father, don't let them do this..." The voice said, it sounded male.

I turned around, to help whoever was whimpering, as I did so, we made eye contact. It was too dark to fully see who it was, but I did notice his silver eyes, they shone in the dim light of the dungeon. I moved forward, to help him. He got up and ran off, I couldn't find him after that.

As I was walking back I couldn't help but to replay the situation again in my brain. I was so close to seeing him, helping him.

As I was reminding myself of the encounter, I ran into Harry.

"Harry. what are you doing here?" I ask, genuinely curios.

"I was coming to check on you, I saw you on the marauders map with Malfoy! What were you doing with him?"

"What do you mean?." I hadn't seen Draco, if I had, I blocked out the entire conversation.

"What do you mean, 'what do you mean'. You know perfectly well what I mean." He responded.

"Harry, I literally have no idea what you mean." I said defensively, continuing to walk to breakfast.

Once we got to the tables I noticed Ron sitting there, gobbling up food like a pig...Does he ever quit eating?