Innocentius, The Witch Hunter King

"Come on already, pick up!" Mikoto was on her green Gekota themed cellphone trying to call the phone she gave to Natsu. Natsu had already been out for hours and she and Lucy were getting worried. Plus there was the indisputable fact that Mikoto's dorm had a curfew, and if she didn't get back soon, the dorm supervisor would deal some pretty harsh punishment (As a matter of fact, she was already way past curfew.)

"You did show him how to answer it right?" asked Lucy.

"Yeah, but no way he's that forgetful." said Mikoto dialing on the phone again. "At this rate, I'm going to have to go out looking for him. Might as well, I need to practice using this whole Dragon Slayer smelling thing anyways."

Lucy sighed. "At least you wouldn't get lost, you know this city well enough."

"Tell the others upstairs that I won't be long.....I hope." said Mikoto putting on a gray overcoat over her uniform and walking towards the door.

Meanwhile, Natsu and Index were walking down in the underground Mall. The underground mall was part of a vast network of underground passageways and roads that ran all under Academy City. THe Underground had been orriginally an experiment to counter the large amount of recent earthquakes in Japan. The Shopping Mall area, which was mainly in the District 7 area, had resulted after a period of time when stores and shops started moving in. Now this place was a recreational paradise for buying clothes, playing in arcades, or just hanging at a cafe.

"Whoaaahh!" said Natsu. "I've never actually been down here before! Check out all this stuff!"

"Aye." said Happy. "I think I even see a store for selling fish over there!"

"You guys are pretty new to this city aren't you?" said Index. "When did you enroll in the schools here?"

"Enroll?" said Natsu. "Naahhh! Our friend said that if we developed esper abilities, it would make it impossible for us to do magic without hurting ourselves! So we didn't do anything like enroll here!"

"Oh?" said Index. "I guess you do know a thing or two about magic then...."

"That's what we've been trying to tell you." said Happy. "We're magic users like you! Only we've never heard of magic names or people with books in their heads."

"So how did you manage to get a bunch of books in your head?" asked Natsu. "Did someone shove them into your ear?"

"Now that is just ridiculous!" said Index. "I actually have a photographic memory, so I memorized all the Grimoires by reading every single one word for word!"

"You read 103,000 boring books!?" Natsu said with a shocked expression on his face. "That must have been totally exhausting!"

"Boring? No." said Index. "Exhausting? Well...maybe a little.."

Suddenly Natsu stopped. His expression turned extremely serious.

"Huh?" said Index. "Why are you stopping?"

"Does the place usually get so empty this quickly?" Asked Natsu.

The underground shopping area which a few moments ago had been packed with people, was now completely empty. Even the shop tenders and employees had dissapeared. Something was not right here. Not to mention that Natsu could feel a strange magic energy flowing through the place.

Suddenly, Stiyl Magnus walked out from a store on the left. He breathed out some smoke from his cigar. "Hello there, lovely night isn't it?"

"Stiyl!?" exclaimed Index in recognition. "What are you doing here?!"

"Wait." said Natsu. "You know this weird priest guy?"

"This 'weird priest guy' has ears." said Stiyl. "Index, if you would please? Get away from that boy now."