"That's sweet of you to say. Remember it when I'm gone."

"Gone. Where are you going?" Hayley said startled.

"I only came to town to make sure everything was ok with Elijah. He is fine and hasn't punished Klaus for daggering him, so as usual, they will be thick as thieves and I'll be left to clean up the mess. It's time for me to fly the coop."

"Too bad. We could use another female in this fold." I commented.

Hayley was about to say something, but stopped having a weird expression on her face. "What's wrong?" Rebekah asked, taking the words from my mouth.

"I don't know. Probably morning sickness." She replied. Rebekah touched her face.

"You are burning up, actually."

"What?" I exclaimed, standing on my feet and rushing to Hayley. Rebekah was right. She had a fever. "Come on, let's get you to bed." I said and with Rebekah's help, we carried Hayley to her room.

A few minutes later, Hayley's condition hadn't improved at all. On the contrary, she was getting worse. "Stop whining. Elijah will be here in any minute." Rebekah reassured Hayley.

"I feel like I've been microwaved." Hayley pointed out.

"Hey, just because you are carrying a baby, doesn't mean you get to act like one. I'm sure my little niece is healing you up, as we speak."

"I don't think so." They both turned to look at me. I passed my hands over Hayley's body. Something very wrong was going on here.

"What do you mean?" Rebekah asked suddenly worried.

"The fever is not normal. It's... magic." I realized shocked. Rebekah and Hayley exchanged looks. "I'm going to find something to make you feel better." I said leaving the room.

I rushed in my bedroom and started searching my belongings for a very old and special book. My Granny had given it to me, the last time I saw her. It was a book that contained certain 'spells' that could be performed by vampire hunters for the protection of their protégé. I hoped it would work on Hayley, since I was protecting her child. The book was well hidden in the closet, under my clothes. When I found it, I quickly stood up and rushed to Hayley's room, while searching the pages for the spell I needed.

"I found it." I announced when I bumped into Rebekah who was exiting the room. Elijah was there along with Sophie.

"What's that?" Rebekah asked from behind me.

I didn't bother to reply and jumped on Hayley's bed, sitting next to her. "Where did you find that?" Sophie asked. The shock was pretty obvious in her voice.

"What's going on?" Elijah asked after that. I ignored all of them and focused on Hayley who was looking as curious as the others.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm trying to help." I said adjusting the book, so that I could see the words and put the one hand on Hayley's forehead and the other on her tummy. I took a deep breath and I did my best to focus.

"This is a very rare book that contains spells that could be casted by people who are not witches. Probably vampire hunters had one of those. I'm guessing you are casting the shifting spell?" Sophie explained to the others, saying the last part to me.

"Yes."

"Have you done this before?" She asked again.

"No."

"You know this spell might kill you."

"My problem."

"But, Cassandra-" Elijah tried to protest, but I cut him off.