"Am I interrupting?" I asked, knocking the door first, of course.

"Sandra!" Marcel exclaimed surprised. He was trying on a new tuxedo. "Long time no see!" He said as he approached me, giving me a bear hug. I forced a smile.

"You look good." I commented.

"I could say the same thing about you, but I would be a liar if I did. What happened?" He asked worried.

I was about to speak when his vampire minion interrupted us. "Sorry, but how did she know where to find us? She has never been here before!" He said challengingly.

"Well, it's easy actually. I followed the vampire stink and... Oups! It led me right in front of your doorstep!" I replied in the same tone, taking some steps towards him. He did the same, our chests only inches away.

"Listen to me carefully-"

"Guys! Guys! Guys!" Marcel shouted, getting between us. "Let's chill out a bit, shall we?" He suggested. I just kept glaring at Thierry.

"Whatever." He replied abruptly exiting the room.

Marcel sighed. "Sorry. I just can't help it sometimes." I apologized, trying to seem nice. The truth is I didn't regret it at all.

"Don't worry. You don't look pretty well today. What happened to you?" I shrugged.

"It doesn't matter. I just came here because I needed a getaway."

"Is that so?" Marcel asked suspiciously.

"Ok..." I said raising my hands in a fake surrender and turning around to leave.

"Wait, Sandra, wait!" He shouted from behind me. I stopped, letting a small smile appear on my face. I turned around to face him. "Forgive me. I'm afraid I'm a little busy right now, organizing this fundraising, but you are welcome to join me for a drink."

"Thanks, but... no thanks. I think I'm better off." He smiled.

"As you please."

"So what is this fundraising again? I never thought vampires to be philanthropists." He laughed.

"Just our service to the community, along with keeping our fangs away from the locals."

"Interesting." He remained silent for a bit.

"You know what's more interesting?" I knew what he wanted to say. Nonetheless, I remained silent and waited for him to continue.

"You, looking like that, like... I don't know. Dead?" I laughed. He was a smart guy, I had to admit that. "This is about Elijah, isn't it?" I tried to keep my expression neutral at the sound of his name.

"What about him?"

"You want me to undagger him. That's why you are here." He concluded immediately.

"Did I say it?" I replied as abruptly as he had talked to me previously.

"No, but-"

"If I didn't say it, then you have no right to assume these were my intentions. If I wanted you to undagger him, I would have already said so." He looked at me intensely. I turned my gaze to the ground avoiding his look. "Forgive me. Coming here was a mistake." I said the same moment I turned to leave.

"No, Sandra, wait!" I didn't. I kept walking to the exit. "I'm sorry, ok?" He said stepping in front of me. I remained silent, just staring at him. "You know what? Follow me." He suggested.

"What?" I asked not making any sense.

"Follow me and you will see." He seemed like he had the best idea.

I was curious about what he wanted to show me, so I followed him in the end. He led me to a church. I never had him as a religious person. I expressed my thoughts to him, which caused a loud laugh from him. He led me somewhere up. In the attic? I wondered surprised. He opened the door and motioned me to come forward.

A girl appeared behind him, smiling broadly. "Marcel-" She stopped immediately seeing me, her smile disappearing completely from her face. "Who is she?" She asked angry.

"Davina this is Sandra, Sandra this is Davina. Don't worry, she is a good person. She won't tell anything to anyone, am I right Sandra?" He said turning to me. It was a warning.

"You always are Marcel." I replied calmly. He smiled and turned again to the girl. That's when I noticed a very familiar coffin in the corner of the room. My eyes stayed fixed on it and I couldn't move them.

"You see, Sandra over here has a special connection to our Original."

"You are a prophetess, aren't you?" She asked me directly. I just nodded, unable to speak for some unknown reason. "And he is your soulmate?" She continued.

"I thought so." I replied shrugging.

My throat was sore. A small smile appeared on her face, as she walked to the coffin and opened it, revealing a grey, sleeping Elijah. I tried to keep my heart rate stable, but I just couldn't. Damn! Why is he affecting me that much?

"I can feel their connection. It's very strong." Davina said to Marcel.

That made me regain the control of my own self. I walked quickly to the coffin and shut it with all my force. "Why did you bring me here?" I asked Marcel, suddenly angry.

"I thought that was what you needed." He tried to explain himself.

"Well, you thought wrong." I replied abruptly. "I'm out of here." I said getting past him and walking away. As far as I could possibly get.

I stopped some blocks away. I was breathless. I hadn't realized I was running. My heart pounded hard in my chest and I felt like it was going to escape. And deep inside I knew it wasn't just because of the running. I closed my eyes and tried to focus. I focused on the pain I felt when he left me, but mostly on the pain I felt when I saw him kissing that bitch, Katherine. It was unbearable. And then everything was gone.

I was me again.

Author's Note: Happy New Year everyone!!!!!! I hope you are all doing ok. Me, on the other hand, I managed to get sick again for the third time in three months. Anyway, I was thinking that soon (not very soon, don't worry) this story will end and I intend to do some bonus stuff, one of which is answering to your questions about the story, about myself or anything you want. Feel free to send me a message with your question on my profile and when the story will end I'll post a chapter just for Q&A. Keep in mind that since this bonus chapter will be posted after the end of the story, there is no reason for you to ask me questions about what will happen next. Love you all!!!!!!