Chapter 40[Final]

When Nathan opened his eyes he was lying on the floor, staring up at the ceiling of the gym. He blinked his eyes, when a pair of hands grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him.

"Nathan!" He heard, muffled by the ringing in his ears. Josh had a mean right hook. "Nathan, wake up! Are you all right?" Jonathan frowned down at him.

"Jonathan..." Nathan groaned. "What are you doing here?" he smothered a hand over his face, noticing that he was bleeding from somewhere. He sat up. The game had came to a stop and everyone was staring at them.

"You're bleeding." Jonathan gulped.

"Who the fuck are you?" Josh asked, grabbing Jonathan by the shoulder.

Like a switch was flipped, Nathan was up on his feet faster than lightning and shoved Josh away. Even though Josh was both bigger and stronger and Nathan, the force knocked him over. He stared up at Nathan like he was a ghost. Nathan was furious. He was so angry he thought his blood would burn its way out of his vessels somehow.

He picked Josh back up from the floor by the collar, glaring at him. "Nathan, stop!" Jonathan grabbed him by the arm. Nathan shrugged him off and tightened his grip on Josh.

"Don't you dare speak to him like that." he growled. "Don't you fucking dare."

"N-Nate, dude..." Josh looked scared, and defensively rose his hands into the air.

Nathan stared at him right into the eyes. He was so angry, that he was actually lifting Josh and inch or two over the floor. Nathan let out a frustrated growl and shoved Josh away. "Nate-"

"He's the reason I'm not trying to steal your stupid girlfriend!" Nathan shouted, pointing at Jonathan. "He's my boyfriend!"

The whole gym – that was already pretty quiet – went completely silent. Everyone, even the coach, stared at Nathan that was bleeding from his nose, and glared at Josh as if he wanted to kill him. He looked like a madman.

Jonathan turned red when people started looking at him.

"I'm fucking gay, all right?" Nathan shook his head. "I don't want your girl. I never wanted your girl. I never wanted any girl!" Nathan frowned.

Josh frowned too, and suddenly looked very guilty. "N-Nate, I'm..." He stuttered.

"Whatever." Nathan shook his head. "I don't wanna hear that right now." He turned around and grabbed a hold of Jonathan's hand. "Let's go." he said, dragging Jonathan towards the exit.

"N-Nathan." Jonathan said softly when they walked through the corridors. "You're still bleeding. Come here." Jonathan pulled Nathan into the locker room and got his bag, and helped clean his face up before they left again. The school's halls were empty, most people were still in the gym and the two boys walked towards the entrance when Nathan suddenly stopped. "What's wrong?" Jonathan asked worriedly.

"What the hell just happened?" Nathan asked, confused.

The past few minutes were one big blur filled with anger and frustration. "Well..." Jonathan turned to him. "You fought with Josh in the middle of the game, he knocked you out, you woke up and got very angry, yelled at Josh, told the whole school about us, and now you're walking around looking like a snail."

"Wha-... What? A snail?" Nathan frowned, rubbing his aching head.

Jonathan smiled weakly, and nodded. "Yeah, a sad snail." Jonathan pointed at the cotton buds sticking out of Nathan's nose that kept him from nose bleeding everywhere.